back to article Vodafone lets Androiders in on 360

Vodafone has extended its 360 service to Android users, providing a Vodafone People application that even non-Vodafone customers are welcome to use. Vodafone reckons that since November last year it's sold 300,000 dedicated 360 handsets, which have Vodafone People integrated into the experience. But the operator wants everyone …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James 47
    FAIL

Oh ok

I assume you'll only be able to sync over a data connection?

Why not just use Nokia's Ovi once it's been tidied up a bit?

2. theowen
    FAIL

is this news?

it's about time though, worked with everything but android since launch, it's even on the apple app store. i still think it's easier to let my android sync my contacts with gmail though.

3. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Am I missing something

"The theory is that once you've consolidated your Facebook, Twitter, Hotmail and so forth into something like Vodafone 360, then you'll be reluctant to switch networks."

Facebook, Twitter and Hotmail are all INTERNET applications - how can you "consolidate" them anywhere? Sounds like meaningless twaddle to me.

I am quite happy to check my Hotmail on my home computer, work computer and/or mobile phone... same for Facebook. So WTF?!?!?

4. A. Lewis
    Badgers

Huzzah!

I have a handset that runs android, on vodafone. I can't wait to... er, completely ignore this untempting offer.

From what I've seen of 360 is doesn't do anything android doesn't already do (albeit sending your data to the mountain view chocolate factory rather than vodafone). And from what I've heard of 360, it fails to work most of the time anyway.

5. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like