back to article Microsoft fesses to pitiful performance on volume licensing site

Microsoft has admitted that its refurbished but hamstrung volume licensing website is still limping along for some customers and partners, who are yet to gain full access to the portal, or worse are logging in and being served the wrong details. The company told The Register today that it was still struggling to provide some …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. queeg505

MS Volume Licencing

I have had two customers thus far with this issue. The first took over two months to fix. The second has beenongoing with MS for over a week, they deny any knowledge of the customers agreements despite being sent the original notification emails MS sent in the first place. Shameful and shoddy!

2. Bilgepipe
    FAIL

Where do you want to go today?

Sounds like they were using Danger servers to store all those details....

3. Steven Knox
    Joke

What's in a name?

"Meanwhile, Reg reader Simon, who told us about the VLSC customer data leak earlier this week, confirmed today that Microsoft had indeed been in contact with him about the security boo boo."

Wait... is that how the the BofH died...?

4. Henry Wertz 1 Gold badge
    Jobs Horns

It's like they...

It's almost like Microsoft WANTS people to start using some free and open source software. I mean, if being unable to access YOUR OWN licenses that you've already paid for, and furthermore not even being able to purchase more licenses down the road, isn't shoddy treatment I don't know what is.

And I find it particularly embarrasing for Microsoft that they apparently cannot get their OWN products to run a database-driven web site, without having it slow down, crash, and corrupting data (to some extent, since it's returning the completely wrong record for at least one user.)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like