back to article Frosty fanbois navigate iPhone with sausage

Enterprising South Koreans have found a solution to the problem of using their iPhones in frigid weather: sausages. From Clusterflock comes word that a Korean cold snap has inspired iPhone users in that country to use CJ Corporation's meaty Max snack sausages as iPhone styli, keeping their hands well-protected in toasty gloves …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Carrots

Carrots also work, but then this is how you fool those fingerprint scanners that use the capacitive screens, the ones that (according to one J Smith) can't be fooled by dead fingers or plastic fingers:

http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2009/08/14/biometric_id_delusion/#c_560783

"You still see politicians claiming that a stock chinese touch panel can tell the difference between a dead finger cut off a body and a live finger.....they don't know about capacitance screens even! (Try operating your iPod with a plastic pen, doesn't work, now try with a carrot... works, that's a capacitive screen, the juicy carrot and your body form one plate of a capacitor)."

2. strangefish

If only

there was some way to interact with devices that didn't require poking it with a finger/sausage...hmmm

1. Anonymous Coward
      Paris Hilton

Paris

disagrees with your suggestion

3. Captain Save-a-ho
    Paris Hilton

Who would guess?

Did anyone see the Koreans coming up with another use for our weiners?

Paris, who knows all about what to do with a big, plump sausage...

4. TheOtherJola
    WTF?

Please add keyword "sausage"

I can't believe the story keywords don't have "sausage" listed in them!

C'mon! Seriously, wtf?!

5. Morpho Devilpepper
    Coffee/keyboard

Hmm

Not the wurst idea I've heard.

But anyway...using a surrogate appendage takes away the personal, intimate interaction of a touchscreen. Forget comparing it to shagging with a rubber...this is like using a prosthesis.

You may now proceed to vote me down. Go on, I deserve it for that initial pun.

1. Steve Evans
      Joke

<title></title>

Surely you mean not the bratwurst?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Troll

...oh for the love of god..

Steve, you missed that?!

Go straight to your room..!

6. David 45

Sausage?

Looks more like a savaloy to me. Gotta be a market for a similarly-shaped object. Oh dear - what am I saying? Where do you put the batteries?

7. John Tserkezis

But..

How do you do that two fingered iPhone salute? Two sausages?

Would you be arrested for performing indecent acts on your iPhone in a public place?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Haha...

I think I'll save this story to post on all those sites that w*nk on about how great capacitive is, and how having resistive is only one step on from a square wheel.

Look at me, I've got a capacitive screen, look how cool I am with my sausage!

LMAO!

Tw*ts.

9. Winkypop Silver badge
    Stop

Don't

Get your sausage out on the tube!

10. Bob Greenwood

Can we?

Can we use a Pepperami in the UK instead? Is there an app for that?

11. Mr Young
    Pint

I don't believe that!

Have Apple approved this sausage accessory thingy? I wouldn't have thought so!

1. Tom 35

Approved?

They have already filed the patent application!

12. LinkOfHyrule
    Jobs Halo

It's an input device revolution! Well done Apple!

I've been guilty in the past week or two of giving Apple and their cult members a lot of stick. May I say though that in this instance I salute you Apple! Well done for creating the worlds first sausage compatible user interface!

This could do for mobiles and PCs what the wii did for consoles in terms of accessible input devices! I can't wait to play sausage based mini games on my new iPad (which I will only buy if it comes with a free sausage and a new sword and sorcery type action game called "Pork Sword").

1. Raspy32

@LinkOfHyrule

Thanks for making me chuckle on a Monday morning. :)

13. Puck
    Thumb Up

Oh those meat-loving Slavs...

The Poles seem to have a fatal combination of the traditional Slavic love of meat in all its forms, and a great hunger for processed and artery-clogging delicious comfort food... I mean, the Polish section at Tesco has chemical junk I never imagined possible! It would surprise me not at all if there is a Polish mixed grill app.

14. Jim Coleman
    Pint

Stylus!

So much for iPhones not needing Stylussesessssses (Stylii?), although Kudos for it being edible.....but wait, won't the sausage be frozen solid? Wouldn't that break your teeth? Maybe what you need is steel tooth covers (so you'd look like "Jaws" the baddy from the Bond film), although they'd stick to your lips in the cold weather, so a liberal covering of vaseline might help there.

Can't wait to see iPhone owners parading around, sausage in hand, steely teeth dripping lubricant everywhere. Oooohhh.

15. MasonStorm

Sausage Style(us!)

I'm more concerned about the bloke in the background on the tube photo.....either he's having a slash in public, or he's using a different kind of "sausage" to navigate his iPhone. (And you certainly don't want to get frost-bite down there !)

16. Anonymous Coward
    Coffee/keyboard

Fingerless gloves?

see title. Stylus/sausages are lame: a tool to interface with your interface for you.

17. IR

Mmmm

Pork and Apple was always been a tasty combo.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like