back to article Google buys medium-sized mammal with social disease

Google has purchased an Aardvark. As first reported by TechCrunch, the Mountain View Chocolate Factory just acquired a "social search" service named for an nocturnal African mammal. According to an anonymous source speaking with TechCrunch, Google paid about $50m for Aardvark. Aardvark - founded by, yes, ex-Googlers - lets …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Crazy Operations Guy
    Badgers

Yahoo Answers 2.0

That is all

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Thing is

I've been wondering about exactly this, but not stayed in touch with the latest in Californian fads to have taken notice of aardvark. It may actually be one of the first if not the first close to not entirely inane ``social'' applications.

It's also fraught with its very own kind of privacy danger, that of data-mining who is asking what and worse, who comes up with a useful answer. So far too many "civilised" governments are treating everyone not as a citizen but as a "potential terrorist", but as soon as they start discerning different levels of potential-terrorist-ness this sort of thing is what'll rank you on the list of people to be put against a wall.

3. Cliff

The Usenet Oracle 2.0

That is all.

4. deadlockvictim

Value

Well, I value my services in the millions of dollars/euro/whatever-you're-having-yourself per year, but as yet, no employer has taken me up on it.

Could it be that Twitter is different? Or am I wrong when I think that self-valuation is little more than corporate masturbation?

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

meh

i suppose its better paying loads of money for crap, rather than giving it straight to the government.

Give us a couple of years, and it will cost that to fill your car with petrol.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

gack!

"Hopefully this will stop."

Nicely put

7. Ricky H
    WTF?

hmmz

been using this service on and off since it started. it's great if your internet is blocked at work so you can get somebody to google for you! otherwise you could just google the question yourself. I guess when everybody has joined it, answers will be really specific and stuff. till then they paid way too much for a service that works with MSN.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like