back to article Buffy's heart gets wrong kind of flutter from Google Buzz

Google Buzz hasn't just upset social web mavens, it's also alarmed US actress and sometime Vampire Slayer Felicia Day too. The flame-haired tellybox star unwittingly found herself trapped deep inside the Gmail Buzz vortex yesterday. But after a quick look around she turned off Mountain View Chocolate Factory's creepy social …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Buzz for Stalkers

Not only do people see your Buzz they get to see on a map where you are and whos with you with precision that only the USAF can beat - great

1. Law
      Black Helicopters

"with precision that only the USAF can beat"

... really... USAF?? Precision??? *chuckles*

1. Dr. Mouse
        Joke

Anyone know what...

...the US military response would be to seeing a woman being raped?

Obviously the answer is shoot them both, then blow up the Chinese embassy.

I'll get me coat

2. Anonymous Coward
        Jobs Horns

Reach out and touch someone...

Well, how accurate do you need to be when you're dropping a 500lb bomb on someone?

Definitely the US AF is accurate enough and probably more accurate that the GPS gear in your phone. (Just think I ran a mile while drinking my coffee outside of starbucks!)

Seriously, what's the kill zone (blast radius) of a 500lb bomb? Definitely > 10 meters and I sure as heck don't want to be out in the exposed area within 100 meters. Would you?

But you know the technology is bad when you have a non-technical-geek of an actress running away scared.

Balmer because there is no icon of a Google with devil horns yet ... (hint. hint..)

2. Bill Gould
    FAIL

Disabled.

"Don't be evil" my ass.

3. Isendel Steel
    Headmaster

Not Buffy

A Slayer - but not Buffy

4. Dale 3

They can only see what you post

If you don't post anything, there is nothing to see.

5. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Cinderella RockerFeller ...... in Holy Grail Search and Worship of NymphoManic Satyrism

...for LOVE's Keys into the AIMagical Mystery Turing Trip KIngdom of Insatiable Sated Desires.

"Harvesting online data has never felt so dirty. ®" ..... QuITe an Addictively Attractive Analytical Algorithm for Red Hot XSSXXXX Streaming Memes ........ LOVE Gene Rations.

Not Really for the Prim and Proper for its IT is somewhat Irregular and Designedly Unconventional, however ............ the Door is always Open for Seventh Heaven Guests. :-)

When What you Give is What you Get, Giving All Gains and Delivers Everything and Anything that Hearts and Minds Desire and Imagine. Is IT True 4U2 and 4U2 too? .......... A Saucy Sourcerer Asking IMPertinent Questions of Leaderships/Private Satellite Pirate Regimes

1. Gangsta
      WTF?

incoherency

Sorry, What?

:)

1. M Gale
        Thumb Up

Re: incoherency

You must not have met the regular Martian here. I don't think English is his first language, nor last.

He is lovely though.

6. Alex-TheManfromUncle
    Dead Vulture

shimples..

Logged on, clicked disable, carried on.

nothing to see here..

7. Brian 62
    Boffin

Slurry?

I think you mean a "flurry of messages", unless of course the messages arrived in "a thick suspension of solids in a liquid". But hey, maybe they did. This Buzz thing is full of surprises.

8. Etrien Dautre
    Pint

Diamonds Aren't Visible In Beer, Check With Laser

One beer/No beer/both of it. Or two (or more) beers as a preposition to the previous set.

Anyway, talk about beer. So, beer=r00t, as humans don't dance around 1, 2 or another numbers in life, pity, though (-:

Packet/No packet/Packet Lost. Tsunami Cloud.

And, in spirit of the today, Jan_13 2009, God bless... err, you' re in trek.

9. Cowardy custard
    Thumb Down

Grow up

Seriously 2 lame haha look at these noobs in as many days. Gloating like that is such a tw^tty thing to do. Stick to acatual tech stories and google fail rather than picking at slight phopas made on social networks

1. Cameron Colley

I think you're missing the point.

The main folk's pass here, and the one being criticised if you look behind the banter, is that made by Google -- who are by no means "noobs" and should certainly know better.

10. Michael 10
    FAIL

Research fail

If your research department had done any work at all, you would have known she had a handful of lines in Buffy, she was one of almost 2 dozen potential slayers in the last season.

She's much better known these days for Dr. Horrible and Dollhouse

11. bothwell
    Paris Hilton

social cross-section

Young Felicia appears to mainly be Buzz-friends with male software developers, web developers, and programmers.

I wonder if there's anything to that.

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

SMART Lady

Of course there is, bothwell.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

El Reg gets nuttier by the minute

phopas? priceless.

should i join everyone else here and post on drugs?

13. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

HEADLINE SHOCK!

Person you've never heard of says somethnig you didn't hear and states they don't want to be heard again!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like