back to article Chip makers set for 'fab-lite' future?

By 2025, vertically integrated megacorps such as Intel will be endangered species. Or not. On Tuesday evening, at the International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC) in San Francisco, the fate of such integrated device manufactures (IDMs) was debated by a group of industry heavyweights during a wide-ranging panel …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge
    Grenade

What makes the World go Round .... Who feeds you your Crumbs in a World of Endless Plenty?

"The panel's moderater, Tyfone CTO Siva Narendra, responded: "Moore's Law doesn't apply to salaries.""

It most certainly does to the Top Ten into Global Programming for Control of All Power Stakes and SCADA Systems........ although then is Salary Morphed into Regular, Perversely Late, Obscenely Large Lump Sum Payments for Works already Delivered in Perfectly Primed Working Order Condition ....... although that may be considered by those lesser mortals, with nothing better to do than track the flow of artificial wealth and transferred credit for the Exercise of Paper Spending Power for Mass Population Control, as being somewhat Irregular and Unconventional.

But that is entirely appropriate and is perfectly normal in the Future which is never like the Past or the Present which is Always a Great Work in Progress and in AI, is it also a Great Game which Never Ever Loses.

Welcome to Great Games Fields for Ever and a ZerodDay.

2. asdf
    Thumb Up

job security

>A questioner asked the panel why an engineer would ever recommend to his children that they follow in his footsteps, seeing as how when adjusted for inflation the questioner's income hadn't increased since 1973

Hes lucky these days to have a job at all. Still if I was coming out of school in the developed world I would avoid mfg as well (at least I hope they do). Glad I didn't as once the baby boomers retirement accounts come back I am set baby.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like