back to article MS hits Office 2010 upgrade program button prematurely

Microsoft let slip details about its Office 2010 “technology guarantee” plan yesterday. The apparent PR gaffe revealed that the software vendor would kick off the program on 5 March. Office 2010 is expected to hit retail in June this year, but Microsoft hasn’t yet confirmed an official date for its next big consumer product …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. yoinkster
    Thumb Up

quite like 2007/2010

The ribbon on 2k7 was a PITA to get used to, but once you are familiar with it, it's great.

The added ability to customise the ribbon in 2010 makes it a no brainer to get once it's out.

1. Tarthen
      Thumb Down

It's as "Great" as

...a hole in your head.

2. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

Oops.

Can I have a tenner on "Bugger All" for Office sales figures over the next month please?

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Why pay even more for a downgrade in functionality?

In versions of Word you to and including 2003 you could insert multiple pictures from files in one operation.

Since then AFAIK and in my experience, now you have to insert them one at a time.

I'll be staying with 2003 thank you very much.

Fail for obvious reasons.

1. Malcolm 1
      WTF?

@AC

Dunno what you're talking about to be honest - you can easily insert multiple pictures into word 2007 and 2010. Insert -> Picture -> Multi-select some pictures and off you go. Or drag and drop from explorer.

2. Nick Thompson

Works for me

Using word 2007 here I can go to Insert -> Picture, select 4 pictures and press ok. Voila, 4 pictures in my document.

Are you refering to some other method of inserting pictures?

Place bets on how long before this thread turns into a ribbon flamewar? (Like the first poster I also like the ribbon, so there).

3. Mad Hacker
      Thumb Down

Wow they took out that feature?

That's a pretty important feature to me too. I'm still using 2003 myself. Notice this blog post describing a bug in how multiple image import works in 2003 though. http://aricsblog.blogspot.com/2005/05/bug-in-word-2003-multiple-image.html I guess they figured it was easier to take out that feature then fix the auto annotation bug.

4. Eduard Coli
    Unhappy

Maybe 2010 will do formulas like 2003 did?

Unless marketing gets at it and ! will only be available in the Ultimate Gold edition...

5. Wibble

Office 2007

Who would be buying a copy of this in any case? Even for free Office 2010 isn't worth it. Just stick with Office 2003 or use Open office and save yourself a small fortune.

6. Richard 120

Meh

OO

7. Watashi

Office 2010 kicks ass

2003? OO?

Yeah, and next I'll be installing Windows 3.1 on my PC, ripping out my power shower, handing back my microwave oven and trading my car in for a horse.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like