back to article AT&T lets 3G Sling TV onto iPhone

AT&T has reversed an earlier stand, allowing Sling Media's player for the iPhone touch to stream live or recorded television over 3G. As we reported last spring, AT&T originally restricted SlingPlayer Mobile to Wi-Fi connections - even though it allowed 3G streaming rights for Major League Baseball's MLB.com At Bat app. At …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark Jonson
    FAIL

What a joke...

I can't believe this is news. The so-called "optimized" and "bandwidth-conservative" version of SlingPlayer will just artificially throttle the bandwidth down to some nearly-unusable level to satisfy AT&T. The ironic thing is that those of us in the US who weren't stupid enough to buy an iPhone have been able to stream from a Slingbox using Blackberry and Windows Mobile devices at full bandwidth over 3G for years. And that includes those of us, like myself, using AT&T's 3G network.

2. Alan W. Rateliff, II
    Paris Hilton

Where streaming does not work...

Here in the Jacksonville/Atlanta market I cannot stream on my phone. Orb, GooTube, nothing. Go to Little Rock, no problem at all. AT&T does not seem to know why -- of course they blame my unlocked phone -- and does not seem to be interested in figuring it out.

Paris, blame her.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like