back to article Blueberry heir loses libel suit against drunken lothario

Let this be a lesson to you all: if you sell tickets to a New Year's Eve party boasting an open bar, make sure that the booze doesn't run out at 10:30. Fail in that, and people will trash you on the internet, and there won't be a damn thing you can do about it, even if you sue the operator of the offending website for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. |333173|3|_||3

CDA decision may be wrong

IANAL, but, IIRC, section 230 of the CDA only protects the operators of an unmoderated site, or one in which posts are never deleted. Once posts are deleted by the operator without a court order or some other compulsion, you become responsible for content on your site. Of course, apart from the comment about looking like he was being fisted by a large ape, the CDA is not actually relevant in this case.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Can we write a story in a less professional way?

Seriously, why does this story only have a "More by this author" link? I want to vote for the opposite!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fisted - Ape

Yep, thats certainly the expression of a man being fisted by an ape. The question is was it a lowland gorilla or a highland gorilla, inquiring minds need to know !

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yep...

...DEFINITELY has the expression of Mighty Joe Young's glove puppet...

6. Ian Johnston Silver badge

It's a whole new world

Thank you for introducing me to the world of Anthony DiMeo III - a great new way to waste a Friday morning.

Is it just me, or just he look and write remarkably like Aleksey "Impossible is Nothing" Vayner?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I disagree totally

That face says "buggered with a rhino horn" without a shadow of doubt.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

IT Angle

Not sure the IT angle one on this one. Is it the Website, or the expression he has on his face of being fisted by a gorilla? The reason I ask is I've seen many a time this look, usually after the consultants hand a project over to the poor buggers who have run it...

9. Jon Double Nice

The IT angle is

To do with laws about posting things on websites and stuff.

Where is the iPhone angle though?

10. Chris

Seriously....

...where is the Paris Hilton angle. Surely she went......

11. Andy Wager

Paris

Was Paris Hilton at the party??

Hat, coat > door

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

One expression

Surely if you're only going to have one expression it'd be a better one than that.

He looks like he's about to start drooling. Reminded me of Zoolander.

Also is it actually possible to be shorter than Sly Stallone.

I don't think the model credentials hold up...

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ape Complaint?

Apparently there was a complaint from the gorilla in question here. The picture seems to have disappeared from the website.

I collect gorilla fisting rapture pictures as a hobby. I am soooooo disappointed.

14. Ian McNee

Will somebody please...

...*PLEASE* think of the gorillas!

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re Seriously....

"...where is the Paris Hilton angle. Surely she went......"

Well the article did say that the booze ran out almost immediately.

This topic is closed for new posts.