back to article Nokia updates N97 firmware

Nokia has taken steps to improve the N97’s call stability and touchscreen by releasing a firmware update for the handset. Nokia N97 Mini Nokia's N97 update improves call stability and touchscreen operation The firm’s online forum contains several user rants about the N97’s alleged inability to keep hold of calls. Others …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

woo yay hooplah

God knows it needs it, n97 is a horrid, unresponsive, buggy pile of crap.

I'm looking forward to seeing the N900 though, to see if they have made good use of a relatively clean slate. It looks fantastic on paper.

1. Pax681
      Thumb Up

n900

it's SHUWEET!

i got mine with vodafone through carphonewarehouse. andit's UNLOCKED out the box unlike if you get it from vodafone.

i highly recommend it bud.

2. Paul Hates Handles
    Grenade

Trust...

...do I trust the update to not make the phone even more shit and unusable...?

I swear if this update doesn't unshaft the phone they can have it back and stick it up their arse.

3. Paul Hates Handles

Awesome

The PC-based installer doesn't work in Windows 7. Fuckbeans.

1. Righteously Indignant
      Thumb Up

Fuckbeans?

That's my new word of the day!

4. TechGeezer
    FAIL

more updates from acompany that can't be arsed to develop its products properly.

yet another update to fix the flaws that they should have sorted before they released the product. The phone is supposed to be their flagship phone but from day one it has been a pile shit. I seriously LOVE the for factor and the fact that the joypad lets me play video games (unlike the mini or N900). But the user experience is shit. The processor is shit. And everything is sooooo slow. I have seen Symbian working ln a Cortex A8 and it's actually really effective. But NOKIA HAS NO CLUE HOW TO DO A GOOD GUI. They are good engineers fucking LOUSY DESIGNERS...

Until they sort this out, I will no longer buy another Nokia product.

5. Andy 36
    FAIL

Update?

I'm on v20.0.019 and Nokia insist I stil have the latest version. I'm not tied down to any network, so where's my update?

6. chendry

nokia... puts the 'in' in competence

bought an unlock phone in sinapore in june last year.....STUPID MISTAKE

been stuck on v12 ever since

emailed loads of times.... anyone ever had nokia care actually read their issue?

I always state i bought it from them, but they still insist it is my telco preventing the update.

they suggested i take it to a nokia care point to try and upgrade the firmware...so i did, off to the (nokia authorised) carphone warehouse...who would like me to pay 45 quid for them to try and update it.....

had to change the product code and upgrade it myself....

smart phones...nokia..more like retarded phones made by retards

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like