back to article Sun takes over MoD's UFO bureau

Renowned British tabloid the Sun has pledged to take on the task of running the nation's UFO-report bureau after cash-strapped Ministry of Defence chiefs closed it down last year. The paper says its public-spirited move has been endorsed by famous Mars-prang eggface prof Colin Pillinger. The Currant Bun proudly announces …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

UFO IN SHOCK SEX SLEAZE SCANDAL!

Full story with pictures on pages 5, 6, 7, 8 and pull out horoscope special!

2. Paul_Murphy
    Alien

The Sun and UFO research?

A mis-match made in heaven - I can't wait for the daily report, complete with the page-3 version of aliens.

ttfn

3. Bilgepipe
    FAIL

Fail

If you're looking for signs of intelligent life, The Sun isn't the place to start looking....

4. Graham Bartlett

To quote Monty Python

"Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space

Cos there's bugger all down here on Earth."

At least amongst the knuckle-dragging halfwits who read the Sun anyway. Actually "read" is perhaps the wrong word - look at the pictures and try to figure out what the big print in the headlines says, letter by letter, is probably closer to the mark.

5. Martin Nicholls
    FAIL

Uhm

"But the unlucky prof reckons that Sun-readers might help fill the gap in Blighty's knowledge of outer space"

Knowing the average Sun reader I find that HIGHLY unlikely.

Also can we decide if it's UFOs or Aliens.. because the MOD used to track UFOs not aliens.

Or if I may be so bold to link to an astrophysicist with a clue about what he's saying (no offence Professor Pillinger) but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xag3oOzvU68

6. Graham Marsden
    Alien

And in related news...

... Page 3 Stunna Lisa Lovely, 19, from Lincoln said "Wow! It's great that the soaraway Sun is taking over this vital job otherwise who knows who might be probing us when we're in bed!"

1. Mr Grumblefish

That Parody

That parody is disturbingly accurate. Been doing much research?

7. ravenviz Silver badge
    WTF?

Take me to your editor

Whereas the MoD simply logged the findings, the premise of The Sun will be to speculate wildly about possible explanations rather than just "release a rundown of your sightings". I am not sure what possible pathway can exist towards reasonable scientific research into any trends that can be mined from the data but transfer from MoD to The Sun has not improved anything. At least someone will stil continue to collect the data.

8. Greg J Preece

Hold up

"It's fate remains unknown to this day."

Eh? I thought they found Beagle 2. Or at least, what they reckon is Beagle 2:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12/20/beagle_spotted/

9. Uk_Gadget
    Troll

Oh Cr@p.....

....Where do I apply for the job. I'd love to be part of the sun-Files.

(Do I have to work a week in hand?)

10. Richard 23

If The Sun is handling it ...

..it could be "X-Files" in more ways than one.

11. sT0rNG b4R3 duRiD
    Alien

Without The Sun...

there is no SHADO.

Conspiracy theory, you think?

12. Eponymous Cowherd
    Alien

Eccentrica Gallumbits

Soon to appear on page 3?

13. VoodooMojo
    Grenade

Obama and the Sun

Now I understand why Obama wants to have NASA not study space but to study the effects that the Sun has on the planet......

the wrong Sun..

beam us up Scottie....

14. David 45

Alternate title

Could be worse - might have been the Star! That would have been a gigantic boob and I expect they would have had a photograph (or two) of that as well, spread over three pages.

1. Dr. Funk.
      Joke

Dissapointed

When I saw the title on my RSS feed I thought Larry Ellison was extending his empire into outer-space !

This topic is closed for new posts.