back to article Huffington Post retweets all of Twitter

US political blog The Huffington Post republished everything that appeared on Twitter last night. The blog has now removed the content and added this rather cryptic message: HuffPost is building a directory to help our audience discover and follow the very best Twitter users. The feature is currently being tested and will …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Not Fred31
    FAIL

Stolen?

"The strange move caused a bit of a blog storm from people who felt their content had been stolen."

Instead of visiting twitter.com, they should try dictionary.com for a definition of "stolen".

2. Dogbyte
    Coat

Your tweet's too big

Don't want you 'cos your tweet's too big

Mad at you 'cos your tweet's too big

Hates you 'cos your tweet's too big.

(with apologies to Fats Waller)

3. A. Lewis
    FAIL

Stolen?

I'm sure you sweated blood to come up with the those 140 characters of literary gold, but if you're so worried about it being "stolen": don't submit it to a popular public website!

4. Richard 120

Copyright

Can you copyright tweets?

Actually I think that's the wrong question, maybe -

Why would you want to copyright tweets?

Or even -

Why would you want to tweet?

1. Oninoshiko
      Headmaster

Twits.

it's not a matter of *CAN* you copyright twits, but that twits *ARE* copyrighten when you twit them. (seriously, how can anyone go from "twitter" to "tweet"... it's CLEARLY "twit").

Although, I do have to agree with your last question, provided you update it to read (somthing to the effect of):

"Why do twits twit anyway?"

5. Aaron Em

"The strange move caused a bit of a blog storm from people who felt their content had been stolen."

Some people are stupid.

6. D 13
    WTF?

Breathtaking, these twats who spend their days twitering via their i-phones are truly delusional.

7. Geoff Mackenzie

@Not Fred31

While they're at it, they could look up 'content' as well.

8. Stevie

Bah!

Tweets have content?

9. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Twatter splatter

What's it matter?

10. Christopher W
    Coat

Beh?

HuffPost has content?

Honestly, this site has never once given me even one piece of *newsworthy* news I hadn't already aggregated myself from the primary news sources. If I wanted somebody else's opinion on US-centric news, I'd read HuffPost. And watch Glenn Beck just for shits and giggles.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

No one in their "right" mind reads the Huffington Post

Now people KNOW who "Big Brother" is - in charge of the U.S. government through the media...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like