back to article Adobe processor price switch riles developers

Programmers are shocked and angered by a change to how Adobe charges for its LiveCycle Data Services 3.0, raising questions over their continued loyalty to Flex. Pricing for the freshly-minted LCDS has been branded unaffordable with non-enterprise IT shops canceling projects. Adobe has introduced what amounts to a $30,000 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Greg D
    FAIL

Rip off merchants

Bloated software for an unaffordable price has always been Adobe's ethos. Fucking bunch of arseholes.

2. Bruno Girin
    FAIL

Adobe's pricing policy

I'm glad to see that Adobe's policy of pricing themselves out of the market is consistent on all fronts. Same with Creative Suite. The price hike between CS2 and CS3 made me an ex-customer.

Now, on the positive side, if it prompts a lot of developers to now review their involvement with Flex altogether, does it mean that we have a chance to see a reduction in ugly flash web sites in the future?

1. DonaldTwain

Dumped CS - for what?

What did you buy instead of Creative Suite? Adobe bought and destroyed Macromedia, Quark just isn't keeping up, and Gimp is not coming to a design shop near you anytime soon. As Adobe are operating what amounts to a monopoly, what choice do you have? I agree the prices are outrageous.

2. Ilsa Loving

What did you move to?

The problem I have with Creative Suite is that it's considered the defacto standard, and that you're not really taken seriously if you're not using it.

What have you switched to that still allows you to do what you need to do?

3. Jay Jaffa
    Go

Makes our decision easy

We were waiting and mulling based on their pricing decision. Looks like they've made it for us. We're committing to GraniteDS for our J2EE environment.

Crazy prices ...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More expensive than Silverlight?

If I recall correctly,

MS Server 2008 License + SQL2008 Enterprise License (+50 user CALs) is less than $30k

5. Frank Bough

Adobe Taking the Piss?

We haven't seen them do THAT before, have we...

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Have you been "FLEXED" recently?

Yeah, that's just another way to spell a word that starts with "F".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like