back to article Chris Morris jihad film good to go

Chris Morris, the genius-man behind The Day Today, Brass Eye and Blue Jam, has spent the last few years researching and making a film about some hapless British would-be terrorists. The film is called Four Lions and premieres at the Sundance Festival tomorrow. The trailer is available on YouTube, or here. IMBd describes …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. sventamagotchi
    Thumb Up

go chris

can't wait ... and how long before the govt bans it because it contains material of use to terrrorists!

2. The Original Ash
    IT Angle

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaam

Chris Morris is an absolute GENIUS. I wish they had made more Jam.

"When dancing, lost in techo trance, arms flailing, gawky Bez, then find you snagged on frowns, and slowly it dawns, you're jazzing to the bleep tone of a life support machine that marks the steady fading of your day old baby daughter. And when midnight sirens lead to blue flash road mash, stretchers, covered heads and slippy red macadam, and find you creeping 'neath the blankets, to snuggle close a mangle bird, hoping you soon too will be freezer drawed. Then welcome. Mmm, ooh chemotherapy wig. Welcome. In Jam, Jam, Jam, Jam, Jaaaaam."

1. Anonymous Hero
      Go

re: Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

I loved Blue Jam....my favourite was this one:

HER: Mm... piss on my hinge... oh...

HIM: Fart up my arse... Fart up my fucking arse...

HER: Oh, yeah...

HIM: Oh...

HER: Mm, oh... oh... Lick my puddle... oh... Prick cheeks. Prick cheeks in my fussy. Fuss my Polly... fuss my fucking Polly...

HIM: Swallow my face. Swallow my fgglumph..!

HER: Mmph... mmph. Roar up my twat.

HIM: AAAEEEERRRGGHHH!!

HER: Ooh... rudder... rudder... rudder... rudder... rudder... rudder... oh... your balls are so fat! Oh!

HIM: Shove your tits up my arse! Oh, cold chicken!

HER: Fart them out!

HIM: AH HAH! Aargh...

HER: Oh... (sobs)

All archived here:

http://www.thejim.iofm.net/bluejam.html

and:

http://cabinessence.cream.org/

3. Anonymous Coward
    Go

wow

that's made my weekend, DO WANT!

4. Joe K

Heh.

I laughed. Not what i expected at all.

If anyone is too cowardly to release it, i'm sure it'll get out onto the net, looking forward to it.

1. Bassey

YouTube

Wasn't there a story today about YouTube streaming all Sundance films - for a fee?

Love Chris Morris. The image of Phill Collins wearing a baseball cap with "Nonce" written on it, telling the camera "And remember. I'm talking Nonce-sense" will live with me forever.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

yay

Here's hoping they hook up with some friendly distributors at Sundance, as I want to see this, I am a huge Chris Morris fanboi.. Srsly..

6. paulf
    Go

Superb

The really lame arsed way the guy says he covered his face with his hands "because she's got a beard" has had me crying with laughter. A serious ID10T! That's brightened up an otherwise crappy Friday. If that clip is a good representation of the film I can't wait.

Come on Chris Morris - sort out the UK release!!

7. Floormeister

OMG!!!

This is going to be the funniest thing ever.

8. Neil Stansbury
    Thumb Up

Oh man

That's funny. Looking forward to this.

9. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Happy

Britains best hidden comic talent

Chris Morris is a genuine comic genius, very few even stand a chance of coming anywhere near him. The 2001 Paedo special was a masterstroke, stoking up the Sun/Daily Mail readers into a frenzy! Hillarious!

The fine line between comedy and drama of the classic Blue Jam radio series, especially the Fixit-Girl, that creepy 5 year old girl that comes round to sort out "problems"!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Day Today

The Day Today was brilliant in its time, but would we even notice it today? Modern TV news has turned the farce into patronising reality.

To TV news execs: IT WAS MEANT AS SATIRE, NOT A BLOODY INSTRUCTION MANUAL!

11. davefb
    Grenade

right, well thats

chris morris on my 2010 deadpool

12. mrlumpy
    Thumb Up

I so want to see this

That is even better than I thought it would be, shame it hasn't got a distributor yet.

13. Elmer Phud

Accents

What's great is that the accents are English and not some mocked-up Arabic-English like we are usually led to believe that peoplespeak.

"You mug, you'll get us nicked" -- could be any mockney-gangsta film wonderful stuff, should put the shit up the Daily Maul readers.

14. Steve Evans
    Thumb Up

Brilliant!

Let's hope this gets past the thought police and released!

15. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Thumb Up

Chris Morris's great strength

and weakness is his *effortless* ability to make celebrities look total fools. It's not the looking foolish. It's feeding them a story a street smart 5 year old would spot as complete BS.

IIRC in his "Suicide amongst captive animals" only Desmond Morris spotted that the elephant that killed itsself by sticking its truck up its bottom was complete BS and sent them packing.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Past Mistakes

Just looking over the linked article (haven't watched the vid yet), and I hope that some earlier mistakes are not repeated.

Specifically, a car full of flammables and propane/LP gas cylinders would make a really nasty bomb. The nails aren't even necessary. The mistake is in discounting the car.

Please feel free to search youtube for something called a BLEVE. It is a boiling liquid-expanding vapor explosion. This is why, at the fire academy, we are taught to keep a large volume of water from a significant distance on any such cylinder.

If the car ignites, the heat would likely boil off gas from the cylinders (out the relief valve) and adding to the fire. This would overcome the ability of the valve to keep up, resulting in a BLEVE.

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Bomb disposal expert vs Trainee Fireman

Sorry, but whose opinion are you going to trust?

2. TeeCee Gold badge

"The mistake is in discounting the car."

Er, no it isn't, the Mythbusters did this one a while ago.

Car full of petroleum products go Boom, huge and very impressive fireball leaving scorched car with all the windows blown out. The energy release is insufficiently concentrated in time to disrupt a steel structure.

Car with a fairly significant amount of HE in it go Boom, massive blast and shockwave, no fireball and nothing left but small bits embedded in the local scenery over a fairly large area.

The conclusion was that if you want to turn a car into flying shrapnel you need real explosives.

17. Uncle Slacky Silver badge
    Grenade

Monkey Dust

Got there first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhxQT1d1AvE

18. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Don't forget Armstrong and Bain

Much as I am a huge Morris fan we shouldn't forget the writing genius of Armstrong and Bain.

19. Tim J
    Alert

Chris Morris should be sectioned

It's not cool to simply rim his bumhole, ladies and gents - if you want to show appreciation, at least try and be original, like he is.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

And there we are "ladies and gents"...

...the authority on "cool" has spoken. Please take note of his wise, wise words and learn from them (if you want to be "cool" that is) <titter />

20. Stef 2
    Thumb Up

Balance

For a moment I was starting to revise my opinion of the Reg readship upwards, until Anonymous Coward graced us with "Past Mistakes".

Tool.

And, yes, Chris Morris is God.

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

morris not always funny shock

if its anything like the lovable lads off monkey dust it will be great.

However if its as unfunny as that useless toss that was Nathan Barley then Morris deserves a waterboarding .

22. Danny 2

The terrorist as clown

Morris could have made this movie about the Weathermen or the Angry Brigade or other countless historical troupes, so it should be viewed as an exposé of that mind-set rather than a belittlement of Islamic terrorism. Watch any serious documentary about 1970's terrorist groups and you'll find the details cringeworthy in their stupidity. The fact any of their acts had any impact at all is more a reflection on the Keystone Cops chasing them and 'The Day Today' media sexploiting their 'spectacle'.

The closest I'll ever get to this world is nvda, and my experiences were beyond pastiche. Take five well meaning, intelligent people plus an idiot and you end up with six idiots.

23. Mr Larrington
    Thumb Up

Sundance

Heard on the wireless this morning that it will indeed be shown at Sundance. Morris has declined to give interviews but the consensus is that it will create a shitstorm of truly epic proportions.

24. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Thumb Up

AC@22:27

"Specifically, a car full of flammables and propane/LP gas cylinders would make a really nasty bomb. The nails aren't even necessary. The mistake is in discounting the car"

BLEVE's are nasty (I think it's only a BLEVE if its an accident. On purpose it's a fuel air explosive).

However you should understand that there is no explosion (except possibly a nuclear one) that cannot be worsened with the addition of a bit of shrapnel. A popular feature of bombs in Northern Ireland during the 70's and 80's.

25. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Chuck vs Chris

Thought that said Chuck Norris there for a minute.

Which would have meant his film would single-handidly caused every nut-job in the Taliban and Al-queda to spontanously explode before the opening titles even finished.

Hell, 3 seconds of the you-tube trailer would probably do it.

Chuck's snot is more powerful than grenades.

26. Samuel Pickard
    Grenade

The Guardian's exclusive clip?

The Guardian has this clip as an 'exclusive' http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/video/2010/jan/21/chris-morris-four-lions-sundance - yeah, just you, El Reg and YouTube

This topic is closed for new posts.