back to article Poetic justice for HK Taoist truck driver

The Hong Kong truck driver who duped an aspiring model into having ritual sex with him has been jailed for six years and nine months, HK's The Standard reports. Au Yeung Kwok-fu, 55, posed as a Taoist Mao Shan master to have his evil way with the unnamed 19-year-old on nine occasions between April and December 2007. He claimed …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TeeCee Gold badge
    WTF?

Can't understand why.

"Au Yeung's victim has now left the modelling industry..."

Odd, she appears to have had all the right qualifications. Young, attractive (presumably), thick as two short ones and a proven willingness to shag her way to the top.

Hmm, maybe she's been offered a Hollywood contract?

1. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

Nope..

.. she obviously found enlightenment. Better late than never.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

eh?

Getting laid under false pretenses?

That makes most of us blokes guilty.

AC as I don't want the ladies to know I don't really work for greenpeace, or as a fashion photographer, or a model scout, or an international businessman, or a... etc... etc...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

On another note, I'd also like to have to women I've slept with arrested for wearing wonderbras or any of the other "female enhancement" clothing items, because clearly that is also soliciting attention under false pretenses.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Flame

So the report in the mash was about you..

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/weekend/review/weekending-201001232404/

That kind'a explains things you know. Probably the problem was not with the ladies...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

so now...

stupidity is a defence.... my god the prisons here will be empty

1. Deckchair
      Grenade

is required

Well no, not at all. You might want to read the article again.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Makes you wonder...

If the guy's claims had been a little less outlandish, would this have been prosecuted at all? What if he was a Director or Producer and promised her a lead part? Or a CEO that promised her a job if she slept with him and reneged on the promise? Still reprehensible behavior, but would it have been prosecuted? I think not---it happens every day.

Perhaps she should also sue him for breach of contract... but then I suppose she'd have to be charged with prostitution.

So in conclusion: life is unfair, the world sucks, and the legal system makes me want to vomit.

Have a nice day.

1. Graham Bartlett

@Makes you wonder

Don't know what life's like round your way, but most Western countries have laws about sexual harassment. "Shag me and you'll get the job" tends to be frowned upon in a way which is rather financially upsetting for the company concerned.

1. Trevor Pott o_O Gold badge

@Graham Bartlett

I believe wholeheartedly that all sentient, sapient beings should be treated equally, regardless of race, gender, what have you. I didn’t choose to be born a white male, but given the ever increasing tendency towards “positive discrimination” in “most Western countries,” I really honestly wish I had been born anything but.

I always find it interesting how misleading someone about your vocation, services you can offer someone, monetary incentives etc. in order to obtain sex is viewed in a negative fashion in "most Western countries." Especially when misleading someone about an offer of sex in order to obtain any of the above is considered a perfectly normal and acceptable practice. (Ask any of your geekier IT mates if they’ve been led around by some tart in order to get access to their expertise.)

The man in this article is accused of taking advantage of a “poor innocent young girl.” I don’t know the specifics of the case, but I’ve been on the opposite side of that more than enough to have any sympathy hollowed out. All too often some “poor innocent guy” is led around by his hormones…and it’s not until we’re older and wiser that we know enough to avoid it. To this young lady, as traumatic as the experience might have been for her I can only say that the world is harsh...and caveat emptor.

2. Pablo
      Headmaster

The difference

Is that he represented the sex itself as being something other than sex (a magic ritual). My state has a similar law.

"[It is rape if the victim] Was not aware, knowing, perceiving, or cognizant of the essential characteristics of the act due to the perpetrator's fraudulent representation that the sexual penetration served a professional purpose when it served no professional purpose."

I imagine they had medical rather that magical "professional purposes" in mind when they wrote that, but it seems to me this would qualify too.

5. Sampler
    Joke

6 years 9 months

Judge has got a sense of humour then :D

6. Winkypop Silver badge
    FAIL

Poor chappy

I hope he finds love in the shower room!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

A monk asked Tozan:

"What is Buddha?"

Tozan said: "Masagin."

(+1 internets for anyone who recognizes how this is connected to IT.)

1. Ed Blackshaw Silver badge

It is a koan

comme ci:

http://www.serve.com/cmtan/buddhism/Lighter/aikoans.html

I now claim my internets.

8. Adam White

20 million mitigation letters?

Were they all written by different people?

9. Lars Silver badge
    Happy

Something nice with this Judge

Mixing morale into the law. Not bad, nice in fact. But on the other hand how many women should be jailed on similar offences.

10. Owen Sweeney
    Coat

You lied, therefore..

you're going down.....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like