back to article World of Warcraft film makers thicken plot

A movie adaption of what is quite possibly the world’s most popular videogame, World of Warcraft, is well underway, Executive Producer Robert Tapert has hinted. “It’s in development," Tapert told IF magazine. “We're in the outline/story/script phase.” Tapert didn't give anything away about the movie’s storyline, claiming he …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Elmer Phud

"In the Na'vi"

There apparently are loads of ex-WoW acolytes who have gone over to the Avatar side with claims of it being 'more real'.

Will this bring them back to the fold wth it being even more 'real' or are they all just very sad

Sam Raimi - yes!, plenty of blood and not too much flying/running around doing mindless tasks. Xena updated?

2. Dapprman
    Joke

So a film with .....

Naked elf paladins hugging/kissing everyone and everything

Dorfs running round yelling Leroy Jenkins

And ....... just as the main character is about to say something profound a level 1 oddly named person will sidle up to him and offer to sell gold at varying rates ...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Feel like a Warcraft adventure?

Presumably the first half hour of the film will show the hero slaughtering hundreds of bears and wolves to collect steaks and pelts.

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

wow!

i hate wow and the people who play it!! women in work takes afternoons off to go on quests... sad'o!!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

hey now

those sound suspiciously like mage tears to me! om nom nom

2. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

So let me gues...

...you play a troll, right?

3. caerphoto
      Headmaster

Hate? Really?

You actually /hate/ WoW? Why? And the people who play, too? What, did you have a bad experience with the game or something?

5. Nick Davey
    Thumb Up

Awesome

If the first half of the movie is the Mage/Warlock spamming LFG channels trying to get in a group. The movie will finish with them wiping on the first boss before the group disbands with a series of "L2p n00bs" party chat spam.

This topic is closed for new posts.