back to article Sony Ericsson Yari

At first glance the Sony Ericsson Yari gives a very good impression of a lowish-end slider, with its so-so looks and smallish screen. Look a little closer, however, and it becomes clear that the Yari is a lot more fun than it first appears, with Wii-style gesture-recognition gaming, a 5Mp camera, aGPS and HSDPA fast internet …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andy 97
    Thumb Down

No gapless playback?

Still SE haven't managed to put gap-less playback on any of their phones as standard.

I wonder why?

Their media players have this working, so what's the problem SE?

1. Jerome 0

No headphones either

In the case of this particular handset, it's not much of a loss. No headphone socket? In 2010? Not even the option of one of those incredibly annoying adaptor cables? Laughable.

2. Greg J Preece

Looks

I think it looks quite smart, myself. It's not overly flashy - it's just neat. Each to their own. :-)

3. jai

typo?

if they renamed it the Sony Ericsson Yuri gaming phone i bet they'd sell a lot more

4. Toastan Buttar
    Pint

No match for a Wii

The great thing about the Wii is that the remotes are separated from the screen. Your arms can be flailing about while you can still watch the action. This phone combination just doesn't work for bowling, tennis, etc. For example, the iBowl game for the iPod Touch is quite nice, but isn't a patch on playing Wii Sports bowling in front of your telly. The accelerometer-based games which work best on the iPod Touch are those which simulate gravity, such as Topple, Jellycar or Labyrinth. The only large-gesture based app I really feel works is the Light-Saber simulator, because it's the sound that's important, not the visuals.

iPint's quite fun, too !

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Is it just me or does this look a LOT like the N81?

http://img.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/nokia/nokia-n81_002.jpg

Yeah, not just me it looks a LOT like the N81

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like