back to article Windows and Office veteran ejects from Microsoft

The Microsoft veteran who helped lead development, sales, and marketing on Office and Windows is leaving the company after more than 20 years. Bill Veghte has "indicated a desire to run a business in a more end-to-end fashion and continue to explore new areas in the broad technology, communication and services sector,s" chief …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Not enough

Not enough changes at MS. More heads need to be replaced and Blamer needs to definitely kicked out.

Whilst Win 7 is a success...only because of the massive pent up demand to finally replace a 10 year old operating system with something failry decent, elsewhere MS is failing badly.

Office. Absolute madness that a user cannot choose between the new ribbon and the previous 2003 toolbars. Mad, mad. User inteface is everything and if a worker is trained and experienced in which buttons to press, then just imagine the costs of re-training, mistakes, lost productivity etc.

Windows Mobile. Even as CE it had great potential. I could never figure out why it was not being promoted more. Loved it. Now, despite being a great OS it has completely missed the boat to Apple and Google and Nokia.

MSN. What were they thinking of?! Maybe dumbed down tools for dumbed down yanks? That reminds me of Office 2007!

I could go on, but its sad to see the end of a useful empire, despite all its faults. As for jumping to Apple. Never! Nokia, tried them, never again! Google, tried them, never again, bunch of advertising bandits.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

More Balmeric balderdash?

How does one "run a business in a more end-to-end fashion"?

I think we should be told...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Euphamism

I think "run a business in a more end-to-end fashion" means "I don't want to work with losers, for assholes".

1. transientcylon
        Happy

I suspect...

...it could also mean "I'd rather own my own small business and control everything end to end as opposed to having good ideas squashed by short sighted financially minded management" ...or the jerks and assholes comment is probably pretty accurate as well.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Run it from end to end?

So Microsoft is almost finished? - Time to leave the sheltered shit shop and start anew?

(before it crashes and burns and all of ones shares become worthless?).

4. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

BillV a loser

It was amazing that he lasted so long. He was basically kicked around MS until he couldn't take it anymore. Allchin gave him the boot from the product side because he was screwing up server so badly. He went to NA Sales where they eventually told him to get lost too. He had a way of messing up big deals by saying really dipshit things in customer meetings. It doesn't say in his little bio that he was the person IN CHARGE of Millenium edition - oh my! And that he had Windows Embedded from end to end in the early 2000's. Windows CE was part of that and he ran it into the ground and was given another assignment very soon. The current Mobile problems can probably trace their roots right back to that time when the foundations of Pocket PC were being established. If he had foresight, Mobile could have had a very different foundation. He liked to hide things from Ballmer, like spending and what was really going on wherever he landed. I watched him lie to Steve in a meeting, but Ballmer was prepared the next time and caught him in the lie - great drama ! But he loooved to be bossy - this is what needs to be done, I'm in charge here was his attitude. Whether he was or not, and it was mostly not. I could never figure it out. Here was a guy that went from failure to failure and they kept him around - at really high levels. Must have been in the local Porsche club or something because it wasn't talent or brilliance that kept him there. But, but, he was a hard worker and put in very long days to keep abreast of everything and boss folks around ....... Oh, and an Associate Product Manager has never been in a position to have a broad impact like is claimed with the Office drivel ... Most probably he was in charge of a monthly internal Newsletter or something high impact like that !

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like