back to article Amazon cloud accused of network slowdown

Amazon's sky-high EC2 service has experienced a significant increase in network latency in recent days, according to data from two separate companies running widely-used management tools in tandem with the service. Cloudkick - one of the many outfits that offer a service for overseeing the use of Amazon EC2 and other so-called …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

I cant beleive it :p

i cant belive they are blameing the slowdown on the amazon cloud

this is an outrage

and the only evidence they have, is the actual fact amazon cloud slowed down the network!

haha

x

3. pctechxp

I predict a mainly clear sky

Cloud computing is a niche product which businesses shouldn't rely upon.

End of.

I think IT job Armageddon is at least 100 years off.

4. Disco-Legend-Zeke

It's...

....the Chinese

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Amazon

Is it anything to do with the people who are using Amazon to comment spam?

It also seems to being used to spider websites, without checking robots.txt, or even ignoring webmasters disallow requests, we have it blocked here Amazon has shown to be a big pain in the a$$

6. JaitcH
    Alert

New Sales Pitch.

Perhaps Amazon is going for tiered speed bands with additional charges for anything faster than molasses on a winters day.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

latency measurement

ICMP should be the last thing you use for latency analysis... since most networks employ layered prioritisation, choose the top layer protocol.

One assume progressive step analysis would have done rather than point A to Z test.

Ok ok, flame me if you like on that one, but Sev2 fault investigation reactions have more knee and jerk about them given the state of panic mode amongst some service managers....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like