back to article Honda beats rivals to hybrid coupé launch

Peugeot and Volkswagen each demoed concept hybrid coupés recently, but Honda has trumped both with a soon-to-launch model of its own. Honda_CRZ_01 Honda's hybrid CR-Z coupé: will arrive in Blighty this summer First seen last year and formally unveiled at the ongoing Detroit Motor Show, Honda’s CR-Z - it stands for Compact …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert Moore
    Flame

Pretty... For a Honda.

That is the first hybrid I have ever seen where I thought "I could drive that."

2. jbstarbug
    FAIL

56.4mpg?

I have a Honda civic diesel which is quoted around 56mpg and does 0-60 in 8.9s. Whats so good about these hybrid cars with rubbish performance and still only middling fuel consumption?

Where are all the fuel cell cars?

1. JohnG

Emissions

"I have a Honda civic diesel which is quoted around 56mpg and does 0-60 in 8.9s. Whats so good about these hybrid cars with rubbish performance and still only middling fuel consumption?"

Lower emissions.

"Where are all the fuel cell cars?"

It's a chicken and egg situation. The car manufacturers aren't going to make fuel cell cars until there is a network of stations to refuel them - and the energy companies are waiting for the cars to arrive first.

There is another problem though - hydrogen refuelling is a bit tricky.

3. CC
    Unhappy

Strange look

So many of these "Bob-tail" cars look like the designers started work at the front and lost interest by the time they got to the rear of the car.

Honda could definitely do better on the m.p.g. area as well.

4. Hermes Conran
    Paris Hilton

Shades of the old CRX

Beautiful but pointless unless it can run on batteries only in town.

(Paris, beautiful but pointless)

5. Gulfie
    FAIL

Please, no more pointless hybrids...

... I want a pure leccy 5 door hatchback.

6. Tony Barnes

Ever decreasing point...

Is it just me or are the electric side of things getting more of a tick box than of serious use/benefit?

Leccy car manufacturers need to start targeting the European market with it's efficient diesels/super minis. They would sell like shit off a shovel in America in the current climate...

7. Blake St. Claire
    Unhappy

Why only petrol/gasoline?

You lot over there get diesel motors in every other car Honda sells.

Over here we can get a Civic that runs on CNG.

Why can't we get hybrids that run on CNG and/or diesel.

8. Matt 20
    IT Angle

Not bad looking...

Not a bad looking car. If only it had a proper engine...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

ho-hum

Another bland nothingness design

ok, the back end does look Civic-esque the front could almost be anyting.... even, a Peugeot or the new generation Volkswagen style front ends.....

it may have a green impact, it will cause other drivers to slow down! Not, because they want to look at the stunning design, - no as it has a soporific effect on it surrounding drivers.

I almost fell asleep just writting thiszzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

paris, as she would find ways to keep you awake!

10. 0laf

1.5l !!

I'm not buying it unless it comes with a V8.

1. exit...quit...bye...quitbye.ctrl-C..ctrlX.ctrl-alt-X...aarrrr*slam*

The title

Of course, adding a V8 (if it would fit) would completely unbalance the car and thereby ruin the handling unless going in a straight line.

11. Bassey

56.4mpg

The Fiesta Eco-whatever does over 76mpg and has low enough emissions to attract the zero-rate road tax. Hell, my eight year old Clio gets 55 (at a push). 56.4 is really pretty bad by today's standards. Some VERY rough fag-packet maths suggests this car would cost around £500/year more to run than the Fiesta eco-thingy. It'd better be pretty cheap to buy!

12. MPT

Waste of my time

What a waste of everyones time. If they are going to make a fuel efficient car make one. If they are going to make an electric car make one. This makes no sense apart from pandering to certain interest groups.

This topic is closed for new posts.