back to article Twitter hunts app-making, security-boosting techies

Twitter is looking to hire engineers that will enable it to develop revenue-generating services and improve its security. The popular micro-blogging site is advertising for 27 positions which, if filed, would expand its headcount by approximately 20 per cent. Engineering and software developer functions account for around 20 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jake Silver badge

They couldn't pay me enough ...

No way in hell I'd risk my name in the business working for those twits.

2. JWS
    Stop

Meh

Twitter still seems pointless to me and I don't see how it can make enough money to keep going realistically.

3. Dan 10
    Happy

URL

Twitter is blocked at work, so i typed the url into my phone. However, the small matter of omitting the .html at the end meant I found a drug-fuelled german music fan instead - work may well have had something to say about that, rather than just blocking it!

4. Pete 2 Silver badge

How would you get paid?

Presumably they need to get the "monetisation" (what we used to call cash-flow, or even "income") started before they have the monkey to pay these recruits. But they can't make any money until these people are recruited.

Still, I suppose IOU is only three characters out of the 140 that would appear on your tweet instead of a cheque.

5. TeeCee Gold badge
    Joke

Job title.

"Manager, Network and Infrastructure Security"

At Twitter, I think that's more usually referred to as a "Post equine loss exit/entry latch operation consultant".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like