back to article CBI kills off the recovery before it's begun

The Confederation of British Industry is not convinced the economy is over the worst, despite its latest survey showing a continued growth in confidence. The CBI quarterly survey found a small rise in business volume in the three months ended in December, along with a small rise in profitability. But most firms do not expect …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge
    Megaphone

Mugs ..... the worlds full of them .

And as all economic recovery surveys are always overly optimistic and spun to short markets and increase ponzi profits is the situation even worse than shared?

Well, what the hell do you expect whenever it is all still the same as before with the same plonkers at the levers pulling flankers and the wool over your myopic eyes. It is like stealing candy from a baby ...... and what are you going to do about it?

A bit fat Zilch, I'll guess. You'll take it on the chin like a man, and do nothing ........ Meeow.

2. Hugh_Pym
    Stop

And the CBI should be trusted because?

They predicted the crisis so well? Their advise helped UK business avoid the worse of the recession? They have been spot on on their recovery predictions so far?

No. They are just spouting crap the same as all the other so called financial advisers because they can't be honest and say 'We just don't know' without loosing face.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Headmaster

Hugh Pym, FAILURE

Clearly you have not the slightest comprehension of what the CBI is and is not.

YOU are the crap spouter and I guess you have zero knowledge about ANY previous CBI 'predictions' as you call them. They are NOT predictions, they are MEMBERS' opinions expressed largely for the benefit of other members.

They don't give a shit about losing face, as you put it. They are in the business of promoting British business --- which is in the interests of every employed and unemployed person in the UK.

The bottom line here, sunshine, is that I would put a lot more trust in their opinion than I would put in yours !

3. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

@ post #1

Type your comment here — plain text only, no HTML

Spot on dood from mars.

CBI he say "Doom. Doom. We are all doomed!"

Tories get elected CBI he say "Great. Great. All is well!"

Yet truth is the situation is exactly what it was, will be and evermore shall be?

There are also notions along lines of speculator makes X billion GBP profit yet, who pays for the turnover that made the X billion GBP possible?

Why exactly the same people that pay for the X billion GBP that the speculators cost UK.

Muginz at the end always pays.

4. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge
    Grenade

A Change in the Order of Things ..... and the Force?

And if you would care to spend just under five minutes of your life watching the video here ... http://cryptogon.com/?p=12989 .... you will discover that US is crediting money for consumer spending to keep the natives from revolting at the dire state of the economy ...... ergo just giving money away which is a good plan which should be adapted everywhere to generate a cushion for creativity/productivity to flourish .... and it is so easy now for all they have do is credit you food stamps/currency notes and don't even have to print billions anymore. After all, is that not just what they did and do for the bankers..... give them money to spend as they see fit amongst themselves?

5. robidy
    FAIL

Verr Accruate - NOT

Hmmm, 82 people surveyed, you'll get a bigger survey on Family Fortunes.....shall we ask Les Dennis to find out what people think?

Rob

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

CBI

Complete Bunch of Idiots - enough said.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

CBI =

= Confederation of British Idiots?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

1 in 8?

In the land of the free 1 in 8 Americans depend upon food stamps?

I take back my remark about muginz always payz.

Muginz is actually being denied rights to happiness and existence by presence, impact and consequence of speculators.

Should the UK based speculators wish to take their business base elsewhere may I volunteer by services to give them a right good ol' kick up the artichoke and to do so freely (a chore I will happily commitment my time and energies to).

To the USA: have you identified fully the enemies within? Both those with explosive underpants and those with explosive bonus schemes?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Linux

yet more crap!

"In the land of the free 1 in 8 Americans depend upon food stamps?"

I am surprised its only 1 in 8. Have you met the bottom end of American society? Jesus, are they a dumb bunch of arseholes!

"Muginz is actually being denied rights to happiness and existence by presence, impact and consequence of speculators."

Wow, such big words! If that's what you believe, then you can now tell us all what you have been doing about it! Or, have you just sat on your fat arse and left it to someone else?

"Should the UK based speculators wish to take their business base elsewhere may I volunteer by services to give them a right good ol' kick up the artichoke and to do so freely (a chore I will happily commitment my time and energies to)."

Maybe if you spent a little time catching up on your linguistic skills, you might find it more to your advantage. Have you ever bought a lottery ticket? Then YOU are a speculator and a gambler. Throw in a pound in the hope of making a million. Lots of those 'speculators' pull lots of money into OUR economy. That isn't the argument, the problem is the amount they want to pay themselves for doing it! Yes the banks brought this bad financial situation down on our heads. Yes, our government has created a debt which will not be paid off until our grandchildren are nearing retirement. Other than bleating about it, what have YOU actually done to help YOUR country recover from a bad situation?

Please post any WORTHWHILE IDEAS for things we can all do to HELP the situation.

Enough of the sheep-like bleating!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Paris Hilton

Inna wurd:

Warlocks

(or something closely approximating its pronunciation)

Who are you to deny me the right and expression of free speech?

Now tootle off and leave me alone, there is a good little chappie

2. Anonymous Coward
        Paris Hilton

As a ps ...

I may be mistaken but a theme in the post, the abhorrent post, seems to be: speculation.

Let's look at speculation.

1 - there is only ever a finite amount of capital on the go, in circulation at any single time

2 - should speculators amass amounts of capital in speculative bids then it influences the amount of free capital freely available because as in 1 above there is only ever a finite amount of capital available

3 - whatever the daft tw*ts do with their speculations impacts upon the flow of that capital in the system

4 - go tell it to the 1-in-8

5 - the USA probably is not populated by "dumb areholes". It seems to do rather well. On the other hand stupid speculators seem to cost dearly and do not yet appear to be identified as enemy within even though they are (add up the cost of bin Laden, Iraq and Afghanistan and it is probably orders of magnitude less than the scams, frauds and legalised theft committed in land of the free

I will sheep-bleat whenever and wherever I please provided it upholds and respects the venue in which those posts are posited.

'nuff said?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

WE CAN ALL SEE WHO IS CRAP!

..... and it ain't the CBI.

I don't agree with everything said by the CBI, but then again, I don't agree with everything said by anyone! The CBI surveys are regularly conducted and the results come directly from those with their finger on the pulse of British business of all kinds. It is wrong to assume that the 80 people in the survey are the bosses of the biggest companies. In fact, CBI surveys are sent out to members of all sizes and I guess that they had 80 responses to that particular question.

A long time ago my company was a member of the CBI. We were one of the smallest companies to be a member. The CBI were very helpful to us in many ways. `They gave advice, the found suppliers, they found contact details for potential customers all over the world. They certainly helped us to increase our export sales. So, bottom line, they helped us to provide more good jobs for local people.

I dislike what happened with the banks as much as the next guy. I think it is obscene that they are paying bonuses before they have paid back the taxpayer who bailed them out! I also think it is obscene that anyone has a salary of more than a million pounds a year while we have people on our streets selling the Big Issue! Maybe I should suggest a National MAXIMUM Wage to balance the National MINIMUM Wage. What do you think?

The one thing I don't do is employ those type of scum who think its okay to spend the day chatting, or using the internet, or their mobile phone. Those who bleat about needing more money and pointing fingers at some who earn more then them. Spend more time working and the recession goes away, wages go up and job security goes back to being almost a certainty. Sure the boss might make more than you, but, was it your house that stood as guarantee for the banks to get the needed investment into the company? Were you the one putting in the 16 hour days?

If you want the bosses money, get off your arse and get to work building your own business --- otherwise, I suppose you have just two choices:-

1. Shut the fuck up and get your nose down!

or, 2. Continue to live in the squalor you think is someone else's fault!

This topic is closed for new posts.