back to article Orange exec busts opens iSlate kimono

Apple’s long rumoured iSlate will launch within days, an Orange France exec says. Can't see the video? Download Flash Player from Adobe.com In an interview with Europe 1 Stephane Richard, deputy CEO at Orange France, suggests he knows a fair bit about the gadget’s features and due date. Jean-Pierre Elkabbach, the "French …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Maybe everybody will be wrong

I so much want Apple NOT to come out with a tablet after all the speculation.

2. iMlite
    Thumb Up

Its all in the translation!

If you listen to the entire interview, and his statements in context, he gives an approxamate time scale of a few days to weeks! Its also uncertain as to whether hes actually speaking of the iSlate or a new iPhone! The main thrust of his statement is the webcam, in the new apple device, and how that could be used.

If he is speaking of an iSlate than he reveals that it has a webcam and 3G connectivity. It also implys that it functions as if it were a giant iPhone rather than a keyboardless airbook. If a new iPhone than it has a front faceing camera.

3. Robert Moore

Here is my take.

I really doubt Apple will be releasing an iSlate. I think they have made the rumour mill work so well, for them that MS and all the major PC manufacturers have gone ahead and wasted huge amounts of resources producing a product that almost no one will actually buy.

1. Mike Hanna

...actually

Apparently all other consumer electronics people like Samsung and Sony etc have pretty much put their R&D teams on a sabbatical until the iPad / iSlab / iWhatever turns up and they can see what the next iWant kit can do and replicate as necessary.

It must be true, I read it on El Reg!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

I hope it ...

... can operate in at least two modes.

Mode the first

A tethered device acting subjugate to the host operating system.

Mode the second

As a parallel device with it's own independent OS when tethered

Mode the third

A standalone device with wholesome web 2.0-ness.

(Okay, I can't count?)

5. Sly
    Grenade

iSlab?

iNook

iPodX

iPodY

iPodT

iMacT

what does it really matter what it's called? it'll still be an overpriced piece of kit.

(I wonder if the Mac-in-fans will flame up now)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like