back to article Westminster lays ground for shared networks

Westminster City Council has begun a procurement for next generation network services that could be taken up around London. It has published a tender in the Official Journal of the European Union for networks capable of carrying data, IP telephony, integrated email, voicemail, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. frank ly
    WTF?

Let Battle Commence ?

"..does not prevent others from taking advantage."

"...we will be in a strong position if there is any challenge,.."

"...will be run as a competitive dialogue.."

"..there is a question over how much freedom they have to act independently...."

Is it my imagination, or are they mentally getting ready for a fight? Whatever it is, it sounds like a golden opportunity for the lawyers.

2. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Thumb Down

Wow, A sort of Integrated Services Digital Network

<sarcasm>

How modern.

</sarcasm>

And CCTV routable to anyone who needs it.

Where is MI5 based again?

Thumbs up for the idea. Thumbs down for civil liberties (CCTV bug letting anyone look at the school playground camer pix. Surely not) and likely procurement cockup aspects.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

maybe just me but.....

"It has published a tender in the Official Journal of the European Union for networks capable of carrying data, IP telephony, integrated email, voicemail, instant messaging, audio and video conferencing and IP based CCTV."

Is that not just a bog-standard IP network then? Perhaps with some VLAN support for "security"?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Figures...

Let me just adjust those for you.

£2.5m over four years = £8 million over 4 years

could be worth up to £160m = £1.5 billion if sub'd to HP/ EDS with a £5 billion opt out.

Stu..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like