back to article LG GM750

LG has produced a slew of good-looking handsets recently, not least with its sleek 'n' smooth Chocolate series. With its S-class UI it's also got a snappy icon-based interface which gets a little bit of an update with the LG GM750. LG GM750 LG's GM750: all the trimmings, but lacks finesse The phone is exclusive to Vodafone …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. andy 103
    Happy

Looks like an updated KF-750

I have a KF-750 which I got over a year ago and this phone appears to be an updated version of that. So I'd be interested in this as my KF-750 has been brilliant for what I use it for (calls, texts, camera and very occasional internet use). I agree that LG's touchscreens take some getting used to, but they are responsive and the interface is slick. The cameras are also particularly impressive on the KF750 and other LG phones, far better than anything the iphone has offered, in my opinion.

The phone I got was free on an 18 month T-mobile contract, so hopefully someone will offer this kind of deal. £275 seems a tad pricey given there are other devices that offer more functionality.

2. windywoo
    Thumb Down

Stop kissing iPhone arse

Just because you have become accustomed to pressing with the tip of a finger does not mean that others don't instinctively press with their finger nail. Its the closest the human hand comes to a stylus. I don't always want to have to zoom in far enough to make a link clickable with my finger. It's impossible to design a UI with icons that are clickable for all hand sizes without pressing more than one icon at a time. I think capacitive screens are nice, but you can't use them with gloves on and features like multitouch seem cool but there are equivalents which are just as intuitive but which don't make you feel quite so pleased with yourself for having used them.

I'm sure the rest of the points about laggy UI stand, but I really don't like to see capacitive screens seen as a necessity.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

why

why o why do we only get ugly ipenius look a likes instead of some of the nice looking phones they get in the asia pacific? Meh ugly waste of time is an ugly waste of time - just buy either an ipenus or a normal mobile (mines a 3 year old lg and it phones people, broweses the internet and receives both email and texts messages, and it's a nice clam shell not another stupid retarded ugly useless long phone)

p.s. I hate long thin stupid phones

4. JWS
    Stop

Meh

Meh. That's all.

5. PSTEELNZ
    Happy

LG GM750

Hi,

I have had this phone for about a month now. I found S-Class really annoying and slow so I switched back to the windows default home screen. I also had to do some registry hacking in order to switch from LGs S-Class Text composer to the Microsoft default.

After doing the above the phone is now very quick and easier to use

PSTEELNZ

6. Danny 14
    WTF?

a bit backward

looks like my omnia.

7. Carl Williams
    Dead Vulture

Come on

Get a review of the Omnia2, it is by far the best Windows mobile I have had, it does not look like an iphone, lasts 3 days (with a 30 minute email sync and bluetooth turned on, plus moderate use) and blows attempts like this into the weeds.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like