back to article GSMA recruits a bit of Fry and Duran Duran

Stephen Fry and Duran Duran will be headlining February's mobile industry bash, as the GSMA tries to drag some sex appeal into the increasingly-dull Barcelona proceedings. Rather than listening to company executives or industry experts, attendees making the annual pilgrimage to Barcelona will instead get a Duran Duran gig and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark Monaghan
    Happy

Duran Duran?

Wouldn't "Dire Straits" have been more appropriate?

They could have performed "Money for nothing".

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You're just jealous.

You're just jealous cos nobody invited you.

80s music... what next, 80s mobiles?

1. Nev
      Joke

80's mobiles

When you look at the hulking size of the offerings from handset manufacturers (and Apple) then you know history really is repeating itself....

3. Anonymous Coward
    Badgers

Question

"we can't help wondering if all this doesn't smack a little of desperation."

Is that remark aimed at the GSMA or Duran Duran??

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If web 2.0 conferences had

If web 2.0 conferences had talks by Steven Fry I'd be well up for them. Instead you get an equally irrelevant but also mind-numbingly dull keynote from the ever-tedious Guy Kawasaki (some guy from apple who has neither been there nor done that, but for some reason still wrote a book about it)

5. pctechxp
    Coat

@Mark Monaghan

I'd agree Dire Straits would be a better choice not least because they are proper musicians and could perform 'Calling Elvis' which would have a telecoms connection at least.

connection geddit?

Mine's the one with a copy of Sultans of Swing in the pocket

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like