back to article BlackBerry outage hits America for second time in week

North America has been hit with its second Blackberry email outage in seven days.. BlackBerry maker Research in Motion has not commented on the extent of the service interruption, but reports indicate the Tuesday outage was widespread for consumer BlackBerry users throughout both North America and South America. The service …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark Dowling
    Flame

Stupid thing

If BBM is causing outages, block connections from buggy versions (or better yet - all versions). It's only IM so it's not like any of the traffic matters.

2. Disco-Legend-Zeke
    WTF?

Christmas time...

And all those cute kiddie and doggie pictures are clogging our servers.

I had to move 20% of our customers to another network because a router somewhere in their system saw the increased mail traffic as a DOS attack and black holed my POP3 server.

*sigh*

3. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Aarrrgh RIM

My 9000 is the best handset hardware I've seen, but the increasingly horrible software stability is close to driving me away from the BB entirely. WiFi stops working? Battery pull! Browser requires you to click every link twice for no reason? Battery pull! Email stops coming in? Battery pull! Can't get a data connection? Battery pull! Browser crashes? Battery pull! Browser sits there 'requesting' forever, with no response? Battery pull!

And now we can add RIM's central-point-of-failure problems to the mix. Something isn't right when jmIRC works fine but I can't get email or use my browser...

4. John Sanders
    Badgers

RIM

Should... give some more care to the BlackberryOS/his customers, and worry less about the iphone, apple/not his customers.

With their current business sony-like model of releasing 20 handsets at the same time each year, they never polish the OS enough to keep the faithful in, They alienate long time customers and newcomers alike. What's the difference between the 8520 and the 8510??? and the 8900??? and the 9000??? and the 9700??? is the 9530 and the 9500 that much different? Anyone considering to get a blackberry will have to spend an evening or two reading a lot.

And like David W. says, let's talk about considering that BIS/BES is fine but other options should be offered to customers, like direct pop/imap/activesync email with or without data contract using wifi when the customer does not have a BES server. It is about time, everybody else is offering this for less money.

If they do not wake up RIM will find their cheese has been eaten by the competition. Sooner than they expect. (as soon as someone produces a blackberry-like Android phone with a keyboard btw.)

Let's hope they wake up, I really like the blackberry handsets.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like