back to article LG GD510 Pop

Less, they say, is more, and that's certainly a maxim LG believes in if the Pop - aka the GD510 - is anything to go by. This is one small phone, yet it presents a full touch-based user interface and simple, clear styling that will make some wonder if it's one answer to the long hoped for iPhone Nano. LG GD510 Pop LG's Pop: …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JWS
    Thumb Down

BORED!

Yet another "snazzy" looking touch screen phone. I don't see the point either buy an HTC HD2 for a massive high end touch screen interface or a Blackberry for top notch keyboard. You could buy an iPhone but then you'd have bought an iPhone and that just wouldn't be a good thing.

2. lewton
    Happy

Budget = £250?

Has anyone else noticed that you can get a perfectly good netbook for less than this? Bigger screen too. Merry Xmas all!

3. Neil Hoskins
    FAIL

"Capacitive is, without question, the way all of today's touchscreens should be."

<Yawn> Here we go again. You can't write Chinese/Japanese characters with a capacitive screen, and they don't work if you're wearing gloves.

1. Justabloke 1
      WTF?

Yeah...

cos here in the UK I use japanese/chinese characters ALL the time....

you sir.... are a buffoon.

I have a renoir and it does all that any model of Iphone does and a lot of them it does a lot better but its touchscreen is pants and lets it down badly, which is a shame.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What a shame

It really looks nice - I love minimalistic - and the size hits my sweet spot! Ashame about the screen, though. Guess I'll have to carry on waiting a bit long before upgrading.

5. Bassey

Not the tech

It sounds like the problem with that screen was nothing to do with the technology - just the implementation. I've used resistive touch-screens for years. Yes, they can be insensitive and inaccurate. They can also be wonderful - it depends on how well they are implemented. Personally, I'll be sticking with resistive for as long as they are available. Capacitive doesn't work with gloves on. Okay, there ARE now gloves available but reports suggest they are currently hit and miss and, besides, I carry a smarthphone because it is an all-in-one solution. If I have to make sure I have a particular set of gloves with me all the time, I lose that.

And no, I'm not taking my freaking gloves off when half-way up a mountain in minus whatever conditions and a howling wind. PLEASE keep a few resistive devices around for those of us who really need them.

6. jon 77

IPhan-boys.....

all you nutters seem to forget that most want a phone they can use with gloves!!!! And if you happen to use long nails, that is also quite difficult to use capacitive...

It is NOT the hardware that is the problem, as good designs by nokia have proved - they have a number of *resistive* screens, that by JUST a software update, have proved to be sensitive and easy to use... and your girlfriend can use it too, with their nails!!

7. Danny 14

hmm

that yellow ka needs a wash

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like