back to article Scots tell ET to eff off

ET would probably do well to steer clear of Scotland, where he will evidently receive the sort of welcome previously enjoyed only by visiting England football supporters. Why? Well, earlier this year, our chums north of the border discovered the popular rural pastime of giant cornfield profanities (as exemplified by this shocker …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Kieran Peers

Looks like a gang symbol

I think thats possibly a "young team"/ned tag at the end....and if they have airborne capabilities, how will we defend ourselves from air to ground buckfast attacks??!!??

2. Andrew Heenan

Grow Up, Do.

Isn't it time the register stopped encouraging pissed idiots to damage other people's property?

Are you really that obsessed with the 17-24 age group?

Maybe we should complain to your advertisers.

Just grow up and stop wasting my time.

3. Todd Harrison

Or perhaps

Rather than ET's, the message is for tourists landing at the adjacent airport?

4. Raheim Sherbedgia

@ Andrew Heenan

F You.

5. Iain Turnbull

Location, location, location

Right next to the airport - cheeky little scamps.

Oh, and Andrew Heenan - seriously, get over yourself.

6. David Neil

@ Andrew

Do you honestly think a bunch of pissed up neds are looking at El Reg for ideas on how to cause damage?

More likely they would be shouting ya bunch o' geek fannies and mooning us all.

7. James Condron

@ Andrew

Why read the article on the first point? Its clearly in bootnotes and content was _kinda_ hinted at in the title. Maybe you're the one that should grow up and realise that after hitting 25, it still is alright to laugh at these stories.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Andrew Heenan

Spot the Daily Mail reader...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Andrew Heenan

"stop wasting my time" - who's wasting who's time? I expect you were the one that CHOSE to visit the register, you were the one who CHOSE to read this article, if fact, you were the one who CHOSE to spend even more time actually posting a comment... the author of the article in fact didn't waste any of YOUR time, you did it yourself.

So, in the words of our scottish 'friends': FUCK UF

10. Rhys

This is one geek

That would be filling the presented posterior with a load of salt.

3 1/2" magnum shell and half charge powder, waxpaper and cotton wad and stuff the shell with rock salt. Keep dry and use a Full choke to ensure the salt is stressed and pulverised upon firing.

11. Simon Buttress

@Andrew Heenan

Here, Fannybawz, get it up ye ya faaaaaaaannnyyyyyyyy!

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If this had been in Glasgow...

...ET could consider it to be polite! :-D

Brudge o' ye olfactrae proboscus, meit ma heid. Wullcome tae Eirth, sumweir sooth o'a Clyde.

13. BitTwister

@Andrew

Poor boy. It must be horrible having no sense of humour whatever.

14. spezzer

hey Heenan chill...

the register is a site for interesting/techie/humourous stuff for lunchtime as far as i'm concerned and it fits one of those categories.

Get of you soapbox an do some work!

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

UF

perhaps they're SCO~tish - not renowned as fans of techie strip User Friendy /UF - http://www.userfriendly.org/

16. Kenny Mitchell

More pleaseant version seen

Coming in to land at Edinburgh Airport a couple of weeks ago there was a massive 'HI THERE' tramped into a field northwest of the main runway, clearly aimed at the incoming commuters. Nice.

17. Jon Kale

@Rhys

Thankfully the old-fashioned British plod would take a fairly dim view of your going armed for Ned and would kick off a process of arrest, trial and (hopefully) consignment to one of Her Majesty's finest establishments for a term of some months/years during which you could ponder the truths behind the old saw "sticks and stones/may break my bones/but words will never hurt me".

18. Chris Hamilton

@ Andrew

In the words of my Scots granny....

"Awa an bile yer heid!"

19. Steve

@Jon Kale

The salt round described by "Rhys" is generally known as a 'gamekeepers load', and was commonly used by legitimate shotgun owners against poachers in the days when Plod was a real person with some judgement, and not a jobsworth with a radar gun and 25-page multiple-choice crime sheet. It probably delivered a much more salutary lesson than does an ASBO...

20. Ben Parr-Ferris

SFW

I notice that the Farmer's Arse in Yorkshire was NSFW, but the Scotsman's Fu(k isn't. Is this a sign of Lester's preferences?

This topic is closed for new posts.