back to article Real-time web searcher in ad du jour pitch

There's no shortage of folk looking to exploit the web topic du jour. In June, as Iran teetered on the brink of revolution, UK furniture retailer Habitat started Tweeting houseware ads tagged with words like "Iran" and "Mousavi." Just this week, Black Hat SEOs leapt at the chance to push scareware sites onto the wave of searches …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Ambulance chasing...

...scumbags >:-(

2. Disco-Legend-Zeke

Quacks like:

spam.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

WTF

and people cannot understand why ad blockers are soooo popular

4. Mage Silver badge
    Flame

I know

A holly stake through their heart and their Partners/Customers.

Or possibly a bonfire.

5. Steve Roper
    Grenade

It is spam.

If the ad or the product being advertised has nothing to do with the subject referenced in the tag, it is SPAM, plain and simple. This is why search engines stopped using the <meta name="keywords" content="blah, blah, blah"> tags in the first place, because spammers put all sorts of words that were not relevant to the site in there. This is no different.

And it is why I will continue using AdBlock. Until these fuckers get the bloody message.

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Bah...

...I can't tell the difference between the drivle produced by the ad agencys and the shite spouted by the twatters.

Both self promoting noise that I'd rather be without.

Whats next years pointless fad btw, I know it usually not the one the BBC are banging on about every 5 minutes.

FriendsReunited

MySpace

Facebook

Twitter

???????

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Easy answer

... profit!

Maybe.

This topic is closed for new posts.