back to article Girlie website's user data blunder

Like stripping off chipped old nail varnish and applying a fresh coat, Handbag.com relaunched its website last week. The site, which covers an array of must-know topics for women (no, really), includes stuff like how to pin down your man and pin up your face. But, alas, the relaunch didn't quite go to plan with essential user …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is it just me...

...or do women who market at women have little idea of what women want marketed at them? And yet women appear to allow aforesaid bad marketing to continue and prosper.

But what do I know, I've been to the pub.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tch!

Tch, birds eh?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh, *that* sort of girlie website

And theres me thinking there were some Bulgarian Airbags on display or something.

4. Lloyd

Yeah

Cos that would be terrabytes of storage at the very least, not like you could dump the few thousand names over to a csv and bung it on a CD, it would obviously require the manpower and infrastructure of the NHS IT project.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just like driving...

Never trust a woman with a database!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

my handbag ....

Well I have been a HBer for over six years and seen several revamps and I must say - this is the smoothest yet! The admin have gone all out this week to sort user problems, reactivated accounts and answered inquiries. They do have a community outlook and value their members - tearful or otherwise! Oh and did you know a fair percentage of the community are men!! Am sure if you visited the site you would find us all far from fluffy ;)

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"this is the smoothest yet!"

So this complete cluster is one of their better efforts? Sheesh!!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: My Handbag...

Losing /etc/passwd (sic) is SMOOTH?!

What other horrors?

Was the Server bought from PC world?

Is the uplink provided by Virgin?

Does the site go tits-up whenever the admin needs to hoover her lounge?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just like driving, part II - the car keys

...& always losing stuff.

re: my handbag ...

"Oh and did you know a fair percentage of the community are men!!"

Well they have a Y-chromosome, perhaps. What use they're putting it to, though, is entirely questionable.

"Am sure if you visited the site you would find us all far from fluffy."

The best of us chaps are fluffy - from the neck, down. Just don't try hitting us, okay, 'cos there's a brick wall behind that wool. Wouldn't want you to break a fingernail, or anything... (cue outraged female contempt at patronising mysogynism) ;-D

This topic is closed for new posts.