back to article Borders signs deal for new eBook store

Borders has bought a stake in on-line book seller Kobo, which will take over the bookselling giant's eBook store and extend the service onto PDA phones too. Borders UK might be clearing the shelves, but the US company is expanding its electronic presence in the face of competition from Amazon and Barnes & Nobel amongst others …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

eBooks with Borders pricing? No thanks.

As bookstores go, Borders is the biggest rip off. I always chuckle when I receive their email coupons to get 20% off of any DVD or the like. AFTER their coupon is applied their merchandise is ALMOST as cheap as it is everywhere else. Borders is fun to browse through, but I make my purchases elsewhere. If their traditional brick and mortar merchandise pricing is anything to go off of, then I'm sure Amazon will easily beat them on eBook and eBook reader pricing.

1. Aaron Guilmette

Bad research

Searching for "IPHONE EPUB" led me to the Stanza app. Don't know what the limitations are, but there are a couple of ways to read ePub files on iPhones.

1. bygjohn

But not DRMed ones

Stanza is a great e-book reader app, I use it daily. But while it's based around the ePub format (the desktop app converts anything it imports to ePub for uploading to your iPhone), it can't handle DRMed ePub files such as Adobe Digital Editions.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

DRM?

NO, NO, NO.

I will NEVER pay out for stuff that i have no control over.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like