back to article Nokia N900 to hit Vodafone next month

Vodafone looks set to become UK first operator to release Nokia’s N900 smartphone-cum-tablet. Nokia announced late last month that only those who pre-ordered the Maemo-based device through its website would receive the phone in December. The firm claimed that the sheer volume of advance orders forced it to put back the handset …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John Hughes
    WTF?

only those who pre-ordered...

And those who could send a pal to schlep down to 5 East 57th Street New York, NY 10022-2556 and get it for about $650 (+tax, bloody americans).

Why do the yanks pat $650 for something made in Finland when we are supposed to pay $811?

Why can they but it now when Expansys say they'll have it "in 5 working days" (right, I'll believe that).

2. Yorkshirepudding
    Grenade

branding

im sure vodaphone will brand it death and strangle the firmware like most operators in the uk do.....

1. John Hughes

Vodafone branding

If you don't like the vodafone branding just "apt-get look-I-want". This is a Linux computer, not a locked down thing like Android or Iphone.

2. Tom Chiverton 1

branding

Nope, none in evidence at all. But, if needless uninformed scare mongering is your thing, go right ahead...

3. mamsey
    FAIL

Broken link...

The link to vodaphone is for a timed out shopping session...

4. Tsvetomir Tsonev
    FAIL

Nokia N900 for sale... in January

... mine that is. Placed my order back in September and 80 days later Nokia is still announcing delays. Damn, even poor 'ole Motorola managed to announce and ship the Droid during this time.

Seeing that Maemo developers already have their second N900 from Nokia doesn't help either. It simply sucks being a Nokia customer.

N900 might be a fine peace of tech, but I'm sick of waiting and I have no sympathy left for it.

Job well failed, Nokia.

5. Rhys Vincent
    Thumb Up

Winner!

I have one in my pocket and I can say, unreservedly, that it is the most advanced phone on the market at the moment.

The key is the OS- it multi-tasks like it's a full sized laptop and has basically all the functions of one also...plus being Linux you can do/download/install just about anything to it without all the restrictions of the likes of the fruit-plastered phone, the Pre or anything Android.

Oh, and if you want it cheap on a good Vodafone tariff, give the Nokia flagship stores a call- they have it in stock and I got a damn reasonable price, even for an upgrade (theorder.co.uk have them but at ripoff rates and mobilephonesdirect have awful customer service).

GET ONE! You won't be disappointed.

6. Gene Cash Silver badge
    FAIL

Eight hundred dollars!?!

When the N800 was less than $300? Is adding a cellphone that expensive? That's worse than when the iPhone was new, too.

I'd want one w/o the cellphone part if I could get it.

7. Sir Sham Cad

Had a quick play this morning

Of the N900, that is. In the short time I messed about with it, I really like it. I personally would have preferred an N97 style keyboard with angled screen but many wouldn't. The screen is boss and the OS is light years beyond S60.

The part I squealed at most was the ability to drop to a shell prompt but that's because I'm an utter nerd.

8. brimful

TMOBILE

When the feck is Tmobile gonna get this? I reported that CPW were getting it this month as I was told by Tmobile. Little did I know that CPW were stocking the Vodafone version. Damn you TMobile. Damn you all. When will you release this phone? Hurry the hell up.

9. Danny 14

urgh vodaphone

rather chew my own arms off first.

10. Richard 84

Enjoying my N900 on Vodafone

Can't you just do what I did and buy it on Vodafone from mobilephonesdirect?

Appears to be in stock still, and would save the wait.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like