back to article Coldplay flog kit on eBay

Coldplay have announced they will flog "guitars, keyboards, amps, posters, platinum discs and all sorts of nostalgia" in an End of Decade Clearout Sale on eBay. Everything under the virtual hammer from will be "signed by the four of us, or accompanied by a certificate of authenticity, again signed by all of us", the band …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

damn...

for a moment, I thought it was kit you could buy to physically Flog coldplay - now that would be worth having...

"this is for the pretentious Viva shit" THWACK!

"this is for the massively overhyped, overplayed and pretentious X&Y" THWACK!

"this is for influencing that crap band, Athlete" THWACK

"this is because Chris Martin is a complete twat" THWACK

... one can only dream...

2. unitron
    Coat

How about handwritten sheet music?

Maybe some staff paper autographed by Joe Satriani?

Mine's the one with the "My Sweet Lord" 45 in the pocket, autographed by The Chiffons.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Decade

The decade doesn't end until the end of 2010 not the start.

I'' get me coat

4. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Decade

If anyone else mewls that the decade still has a year to go they will feel my wrath. Just shut up. Shut up now and stay shut up, you tedious pedants. Or if you can't, then be consistent and go and write an email to every publication which is currently running 'best of the decade' lists.

But preferably, just shut up.

1. Oninoshiko
      Boffin

ReRe: Decade

As much as I love 9-year-by-popular-demand-decades, it blows my mind that noones hacks seem to be able to figure out how this "math" thing works.

And so far, I've commented to every publication I read that I've seen do it, which is el-reg, then again, they don't let me out of mission control vary often...

Besides, I've been around long enough, isn't it about time that I feel your wrath? ^_-

5. ahahaha you won't catch me that easy again
    Grenade

world's greatest tat bazaar

....nuff said i think...

grenade coz it's what i'd like to send them at their next recording session. (this won't get me into trouble from the thought police will it???)

6. Cazzo Enorme

Win, win, win

This is a win-win-win situation. Coldplay give away some of their possessions (their music itself is a crime against humanity), people stupid enough to be Coldplay fans part with more of their money, and a charity gets some much needed income.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Decades

Actually, the decade does end at the end of '09 - think about if for a moment: the 20's were 1920-1929, 30's 1930-1939 etc. so the "noughties" started in 2000 and ended in 2009.

Now, the millennium, that is a different matter - everyone who understands it knows that 2001 was the first year of the new millennium.

1. Oninoshiko
      Thumb Down

Re: Decades

So the first decade (Anno Domini) would have been 0000 AD - 0010 AD? The whole reason that this is true for Millenniums is that there is no "0 AD". What makes you think that by measuring in 10 year units one suddonly appears?

just because we have been being idiots for 2009 years doesn't make it right.

8. armyknife
    Thumb Down

Aren't Codpay fabulously wealthy ?

I thought these guys were fabulously wealthy, would they just quitely give away a small part of their wealth ?

Oh I forgot that doesn't return any publicity.

edit:

according to the beeb, each band member is worth £30million.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I want guarantees

that they won't be buying any replacement equipment with which to make their so-called music

10. Shady
    Stop

Oh FFS...

...I can't *believe* that Chris Martin has done something for which I can't hold him in 100% contempt.

Morrisey has yet to redeem himself however, so I still have something to vent my spleen at.

And I know I used a double negative, and if you bring me up on it you'll be so not a complete non-tosser

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Morrisey's a twat

And a pretentious miserable one at that...

Bitterly disappointed though, I thought that Coldplay were selling up, never to play agian but it seems that they're just making room for more kit. Kudos on the charity bit though.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Well I for one...

Had never heard of Coldplay before.

So here it is, late December 15, and I was pondering what to get the more, er... unusual people on my list for Christmas, when I see the headline: "Coldplay flog kit on eBay", and thought some bargain priced brand name BDSM gear purchased online would be just the ticket.

But no, the article shattered that hope, and I'm left with getting them crappy aftershave or coffee mugs.

Thanks for ruining Christmas, El Reg!

12. Bill Fresher
    WTF?

Decade

I don't understand. I thought a decade is ten years. So why isn't 2000-2009 a decade, but 2001-2010 is?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like