back to article Comcast promises not to lock Hulu behind paywall

Comcast doesn't plan on locking Hulu behind a paywall once it's given the keys to NBC Universal. In a deal valued at about $37 billion that ends General Electric's majority control of NBC Universal, the US cable giant is set to become a media superpower that not only oversees how television shows are distributed, but also how …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. MacRat
    Unhappy

They'll Find a Way

Greed evolves. They'll find a way to change things to both screw their customers as well as customers of competitors.

2. Aaron Em

doggerel

If Comcast says 'no'

Then I've got a feelin'

When Hulu goes down

We'll go back to stealin'

3. Visual Echo
    Alert

Nope, they won't create a paywall...

They'll destroy the web site completely.

4. Inachu
    FAIL

They will hurt us.

I am sure the following shows will be removed from free Hulu:

HEROS

FRINGE

V

COSMOS

Hulu will become the laughing stock and will be like the lack luster tv shows of the 1980's when cable gobbled up all the coolest shows and give us nothing but dead end repeats for years and years. That was when I turned TV off and started playing outside.

Seems the cycle is about to repeat itself yet again.

1. Oninoshiko
      Alien

so...

shows from the 80s... like "V"?

Oninoshiko's rule #549:

Don't list a remake of a show from the decade your going to attack in the ones your are concerned about.

Aliens... Obvious reasons...

5. Ed Gould
    Grenade

COMCAST * HULA

I have never seen anything the least bit interesting on HULU so even if they were to put a price on it Most people would say so what.

This story only concerns huka users which I can proudly say I am not one.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

IGNORANCE IS BLISS BUT NOT IN NEWS

<<<But that still leaves News Corp.'s hanging threat to create a "premium" channel on Hulu. And Comcast can always get a change of deck. Enjoy free Hulu while it lasts.>>>

News Corp Deputy Chairman Chase Carey said that a subscription model needs to be PART of its business model not THE business model. In other words Premium users could have access to the complete season (or multiple seasons) rather than be limited to the last five episodes. Some shows are delayed as much as 8 days. A small fee could be paid for quicker access. Perhaps to remove commercial interruptions (you'd still see the sponsored by message at the beginning of the stream).

Pay-Per-View events which are no longer available or "special" programming could be made available to premium users. Improved feature film choices.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like