back to article Testimony spills messy details in eBay-Craigslist squabble

The founder of Craigslist has admitted that eBay was free to compete with his website under terms of a contract both parties signed, numerous news outlets reported Friday. Craig Newmark also said the online auction house was permitted to access Craigslist confidential data "with some limitations." The admissions, made during …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. b166er

If only

Google had bought that share, we'd have a global competitor to those bunch of eBay fuckwads.

1. Mike Flugennock

Oh, yeah, some choice...

...the choice between eBay (aka Scam Central) and Google (getting to know you, getting to know all about you -- whether you want us to or not).

Still, if the Craigslist guys really didn't know how to use PowerPoint, then I'd give 'em kudos for that alone -- even if Craigslist _has_ turned into Fake'n'Flake Central.

2. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Thumb Up

"an inability to use PowerPoint"

Surely an advantage - this would mean that the presenter would have to actually understand what they are talking about instead of just reading the words off the screen?

3. JC 2
    Thumb Down

Typical Corporate Mentality

They always assume you're so delighted to be in their presence that you'll bend over and take whatever they offer, nevermind if it was they who came to you.

eBay is in for a rude awakening if they think they can continue to operate as they have and not be replaced by the first Google backed auction site that begins to snowball.

4. nematoad

A recommendation ?

"and an inability to use PowerPoint." If that's a disqualifier for running a company then I have to say that I am surprised that so many companies are still trading. This said after suffering for what seems to be years to the rambling, incoherent drivel that is usually presented using the above software.

5. Eradicate all BB entrants

@ebay

I would have been happy with the craiglist people holding amateurish board meetings and not being able to do more than the basics in powerpoint.

Why?

Because it shows they use their brains for something more than holding useless meetings to make stupid decisions (dont forget the free buffet that costs more than the average workers monthly salary) about things they dont know while feeling smug about making a graph appear on a projector.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

PowerPoint insult

An inability to use Powerpoint is a bit like an inability to fall off a chair and shit your pants.

1. DannyAston
      Thumb Up

lol

Love it!

2. h 6
      Go

Not all bad.

I quite enjoy my inability to use Powerpoint.

Keynote is much easier and intuitive for an even better presentation.

7. Shady
    Grenade

So...

..a company which hosts a lot of private sexual ads is suing a company with a load of disreputable auctioneers and trash listings.

Sounds like the definition of "tit for tat" to me.

<---- blow 'em all up and be done with 'em

1. Swarthy
      Coat

Owww!

That one hurt.

<---Here you go.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like