back to article TerraTec Noxon 2 net radio and iPod dock

No sooner does DAB establish itself as the radio format of the future, than internet radio begins tapping it on the shoulder and trying to muscle its way past. Once upon a time, DAB was a genuine mainstream proposition as long as internet radio remained tied to PCs and Macs. Those days are over - products like the Noxon look …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What can I say: The Germans did it again

Not much to add apart from the fact:

It may not be beautiful, but it is functional and works according to this report.

Something the Krauts are better than the Limies: They also have got great ideas, only their implementations usually suck. (I know I'll get flamed for this, but SCNR.

Lol

And yes, I am a Kraut, and proud of it too!!! (no I am not one of those idiotic Neo-Nazies).

Just don't mention the War ROFL!

2. David Gosnell

Costing £250..?

Still some way to go, then. I'll stick with DAB for now thanks.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

£250? Methinks not ...

OK, it looks rather nice and TerraTec do make some rather nice music oriented kit, but 250 quid? Do me a favour ...

If you can live without the iPod dock (I can - overpriced fashion accessories really aren't my thing) then Netgear MP101 is a good bet if you want 'net radio/audio streaming. The only downside is that it requires another machine as a media server.

4. Alex Johnson

Real Support for BBC??

Any chance the reviewer could tell us whether this supports Real, which the BBC uses for its higher-bitrate services, and which is required for its "Listen Again" service? I presume not - and the Noxon website is terrible - but I'd hope the review covered the bases. It's a great idea but without Real support, it;s a harder sell for UK listeners.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Real Support for BBC??

BBC supports WMP streams as well now.

I'm not sure which is the lesser evil!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like