back to article US bests UK in iTunes Xmas giftiness

Santa Jobs has opened his big bag of iTunes toys and come up with an album of Christmas goodies for good little US girls and fanbois. Last week iTunes (UK) announced that it would gift EuroTuners with a dozen tunes, music videos, apps, films, and TV episodes - one for each of the 12 days of Christmas - the catch being that you …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

Stop whining, UK!!

Didn't we send Madonna over to you guys? Maybe to make things better she can sing you some carols in her faux-English accen.....WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY SENT HER BACK!!!!!!!

Who ever thought Christmas would be merrier without the Madonna?? :)

2. mafoo

Thank God

We were spared that. Phew, close one. I still shudder at the sight of Barry Manilow in the artwork.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

UK users get one too

Although it's only 8 tracks. Perhaps Charlotte Church is worth several US artists, or something.

And no, I haven't downloaded it. Bah humbug.

4. h 6
    Joke

You!

I blame you, El Reg, YOU! For pissing off the Apple so no goodies for the UK kids.

Shame.

5. pctechxp
    Thumb Down

What we really want to know is

Is this Jobs' own choice of playlist or did someone else pick it?

Did someone say 'nobody is buying this crap, lets give it away as someone out there is bound to like it and want more'

6. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Genius marketing move.

Jeebus H Christ on a bike, look at that track listing. Never mind free, I would happily pay almost any amount of money *not* to have to download that awful piece of shit.

(Where's the "Pass the sick-bag" icon when you need one?)

7. sandman

Bah Humbug!

What an appalling collection of dross - ooh, love the Apple counter-culture song collection (sarcasm alert). I don't usually look gift horses in the mouth, but none of that lot is cluttering up my iPhone/iPod.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Why does King Jobs HATE the US?

Barely Manly. Help me! You Brits remember how we (the US) sent you stuff to help during WWII. Can we send some more 'things'? Please???

Dam - I was hoping you had forgotten about Iraq and Afghanistan...

OK I'll just drink heavily...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@George Schultz

"You Brits remember how we (the US) sent you stuff to help during WWII."

Do you Americans remember the term "lend-lease"?

9. Steve Smith 5

Close call

I'd rather listen to whatever garbage we are going to be subjected to by the f**king x-factor winner than any of that. You've gotta think that us in the UK are getting a better deal, I mean it's quite obviously 8 less on the crapometer.

As Catherine Tate's Nan would say "What a load of old sh*t"

10. Chika
    Terminator

iDon't

Use iTunes? Nope, iDon't. Looking at that little lot, iGlad.

11. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Down

If you like that....

I have an old 8 Track of Bing Crosby singing xmas songs you might like...?

12. nicholas king
    Thumb Up

@winkypop

8 Track on the iphone? i have an app for that.

13. Craig 12

itunes for windows really sucks

I tried to download it, and I think the songs downloaded OK, but everytime the 8mb LP element downloads, I get error -23. At least the poor thing tried to download it everyday since Friday, so A for effort.

14. nicholas king
    Happy

@Craig 12

i felt i needed to edit the title for your comment:-

itunes and windows really sucks

I tried to download it, and I think the songs downloaded OK, but everytime the 8mb LP element downloads, I get error -23. At least the poor thing tried to download it everyday since Friday, so A for effort.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Unhappy

Error -23

I get this on my Mac too - so it's not just Windows... my iTunes music is stored on a network drive, so that may be an issue; but I can't imagine why.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like