back to article F1 secrets left on the web

Highly-sensitive documents that disclosed secret information about the inner workings of the technical strategies adopted by rival Formula One (F1) teams were exposed for all to see on the internet. Over the past few months F1 motor racing has been racked by controversy surrounding revelations that the McLaren team had been …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nigel

This should be retitled

"El Reg spoils fun of F1 fans"

Seriously, how often do we get a chance to see what the megalomaniac team principals are REALLY thinking / doing? :(

2. Outcast

SpoilSports !!

[quote]

Of course, following our conversation, the document was edited with the secret information removed. ®

[/quote]

SpoilSports.. Now you made me go looking for it !!

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Dogbyte

Next season

Should be interesting with 22 Ferraris on the grid.

5. atlantic

Figures

Never could trust those cry baby Brits...

6. big yinn

Damn, curse ye!

I wanna bling up me corsa wid dat wikkid nfo innit.

7. jai

re: spoilsports

i think the least the Reg can do is make a copy of the unedited version available for us all to read

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

where can we get a copy ??

Anyone know where can get a copy of the uncensored version ??.

thanks

9. Neil Smith

Unedited version

Can be found alive and well here:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/09/20/ferrari-and-mclaren-secrets-leaked-in-fia-document/

It's really quite dull folks!

Also, this was removed well before El Reg had anything to do with it, or at least well before El Reg was reporting it...

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Where to find it

Perhaps a Google for wmsc-transcript-13-09-2007.pdf will bring up results?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not deleted yet...

Well it still seems to be here:

http://www.rtl.nl/(/sport/rtl_gp/formule1/nieuws/)/sport/rtl_gp/components/formule1/070919_transcripties_mclaren.xml

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You guys sux ....!

I have been reading El Reg for 7 years and never posted before - but couldn't you have mirrored the PDF?? Exclusive my b*******ks :o(

13. david mccormick

The reg provides answer to questions

I asked a question of how much the chief engineer gets paid at maclaren as he couldn't afford his own photocopier in an earlier article. Thanks to the reg (and the annonymous poster above) I now know. Thanks.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I've got this valve

......and I honestly don't know where I should put it.

If only there was some form of document out there giving me a clue as to the best way to use it.

Something delayed, but then gradual...

15. Graham Marsden

Of course you realise...

... now *all* F1 teams will be reading Ferrari's secrets, so they'll all be stripped of their Championship points, thus *guaranteeing* Ferrari another win!

FIA: Ferrari International Assistance.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Freud

Oh, someone needs Freud: http://autoinsight.blogosfere.it/2007/09/fia-si-stenda-sul-lettino-di-freud.html

17. d

Help!

Press F1 for help!

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Vulture on a leash?

Very disapointed in el reg.

I recall the same thing happened in the gary mckinnon case when all the IP's of US military establishments were published... El reg Linked to that. Somehow F1 should be more secure in El Reg's eyes?? it is in the public domain so link to it!

In case you missed it its here:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/wmsc-transcript-13-09-2007.pdf

19. Frank Bough

FIA Just Really Like Red

It's almost as if Ferrari leaked this technical information themselves so that they might later lodge some kind of complai... hey, wait a minute!

20. miika

Commercial opportunity

Sounds like a great new niche market for Adobe to enter, release a version of the software for redacting that solves this :)

21. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.