back to article Facebook forms board to lick molesters

Facebook has called on a fellowship of web safety organizations to prove that it really doesn't want your dumb kid molested online. The social network hub - which recently purged 2,782 registered New York sex offenders in a single sweep - says it plans to organize a special (and properly capitalized) Facebook Safety Advisory …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. unitron

Change the headline, quick!

"Facebook forms board to lick molesters"

Eeeeuuuuwww!!!! Pluck out my mind's eye!

I'm not going to associate even Paris with licking molesters.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

It said I'd be first!

Lick???Molesters???

'nuff said...

Oh? Awright den.. Come on, seriously?? Is there some sort of compo in the reg offices to see who can get the most comments/comment of the week?

Please cover my molester in chocolate Sauce:-)

Anonymous as I don't want my DNA put into the LHC for transmittal to our other dimensional overlords:-)

3. lukewarmdog
    Badgers

Finally, someone is thinking of the kids.

"We believe that the only way to keep kids safe online is for everyone who wants to protect them to work together,"

A better way would be to stop them going online at all. But I guess that wouldn't be good for paedobooks bottom line.

4. Robert Ramsay

Most. Inappropriate. Title. Evar.

That is all.

5. My Alter Ego
    Coffee/keyboard

Best first line ever.

"Facebook has called on a fellowship of web safety organizations to prove that it really doesn't want your dumb kid molested online."

You owe me a new keyboard for that one, ooh look, there's an icon for that.

6. Winkypop Silver badge
    Stop

The 3 best defence strategies yet

Avoid, avoid , avoid.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Seriously?

Either they've served their time and repaid their debt to society and we need to dispense with all these neverending punishments or we need to jail them forever. Pick one. There is no middle ground.

It's called civil liberties, stupid.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: "debt to society"

That's a silly expression. Most criminals could never afford to pay for the damage they've done, and they certainly couldn't pay for it while they're in prison costing the taxpayer hundreds of pounds a week.

However, I think I basically agree with your underlying sentiment.

In principle there's nothing wrong with putting someone on probation for life - provided they are sentenced in that way by the court in accordance with the law that existed at the time they committed the crime. The problem with a lot of recent measures is that they effect people whose convictions are spent. They were sentenced to 5 years, say, and spent perhaps 18 months of that in prison, but now, 20 years later, they are still suffering discrimination. This is not what the court ordered. This is a punishment that wasn't prescribed by the law applicable at the time the crime was committed. It is therefore a human rights violation.

8. Ben Rosenthal
    Badgers

it's all a big joke...

...till you come home to find your front room smells of hammers, and YOUR child has turned totally 2D!

9. legion

Wont someone think of the financing

So this is the think of the children brigade

"Organizations on board are Common Sense Media, ConnectSafely, WiredSafety, Childnet International, and The Family Online Safety Institute."

Who pays for these organizations, their staff, their web sites and their seemingly endless stream of conferences, seminars and lobbying ...

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

untitled

There is a paedo on Facebook that the Police refuse to act against, he is also on Myspace and Bebo with lots of underage girl friends so I take all this so called action with a pinch of salt. I heard this guy asking a 14 year old girl for sex and then recorded him on my phone asking her to shower with him. The Police know who he is and they know what I heard and recorded but he is still there trying to get his hands on more little girls. As for punishment, cut their arms off, it's the only way to stop them.

11. Neoc

Compensating for the stupidity of parents.

Yes, *more* "concerned citizen groups. Just what we need. Because they work so well, don't they? Instead of, I don't know, parents actually being made to raise their kids? Instead of handing them over to the Nanny-society?

<sigh> All this is doing is helping breed a "this is not our problem/fault" society.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like