back to article Nokia maps out next 12 months

Nokia has laid out its plans for the next year, expecting to maintain its market share in handsets and infrastructure while the industry grows slightly. Handset volumes, across the industry, will apparently rise by about ten percent over the next twelve months. Nokia reckons it can maintain its 38 per cent market share with a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gene Cash Silver badge

Meamo?

Actually that's "Maemo" - and people are still upset that Nokia told N800/N810 users that the newer versions won't run on those tablets. Nice to shaft your early adopters like that, eh?

1. Baudwalk
      Paris Hilton

Newer Nokia OS not always better

Considering I had to roll my N800 back to OS 2007, and its speedy Opera browser, to get decent battery life again after a year of that slow-as-mollasses Gecko based browser that came with OS 2008, I'm not so sure I'd fancy trying any even newer/slower/power-hungry OS20xx from Nokia on that piece of hardware.

OTOH, Maemo 6? That's the Qt based one, right? Unless Nokia manage to do something quite unmentionable (in a fine publication like El Reg) to that well designed, and even better documented, platform, I might just have to give it a whirl.

(Paris? Another well documented Qt.)

1. Tom Chiverton 1

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits, which is silly when it's a reply

Maemo 5 (in the N900) and 6 both use QT, yup. Can't see why you want to put either on the N8xx tablets, as they lack a phone !

2. Andus McCoatover
    Grenade

Handset volume increase?

"Handset volumes, across the industry, will apparently rise by about ten percent over the next twelve months."

Bugger. Won't be able to fit my nice Nokia folding phone into my jeans little tiny pocket anymore. 10% volume increase? Not a chance. At the moment, it's as snug as a bug in a rug. Fits perfectly.

I guess it (the pocket) will revert back to its obviously intended use of storing condoms. Sadly, the recipient of said new home hasn't increased by ten percent, no matter what spam I subscribe to.

Icon might help...it's Friday tomorrow...YESSSS!!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like