back to article Apple job listing hints of iPhone-Google divorce

Apple is advertising for a software engineer to help take its iPhone Maps app to "the next level" - and perhaps to help Cupertino gain independence from its latest smartphone competitor, Google. Two identical job postings - one filed in mid-October and another last week (and spotted by MacRumors) - seek an engineer for the " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Thomas 18
    Jobs Horns

awww

Ooh, is that the shoe on the other foot? maybe now you know how all the app store developers feel. I hope Google pulls the rug out from under them, if only to teach them a lesson.

2. Neill Mitchell

How do they hope to get the same coverage?

Google has spent untold millions on it's mapping. How does Apple think it can match it at least in the short term?

Are we about to see US centric mapping on the iPhone with crap coverage elsewhere?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So will they total ban it?

Will Apple totally nix the ability to install Google Maps? Sort of control freak thing Apple would go and do.

This will be yet another example of Apple deciding what I can and cannot do with my expensive handset. How much longer will they be able to do this before the tide turns?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like