back to article Apple tops Google as UK 'Thought Leader'

Apple has replaced Google as the top "Business Thought Leader" in the UK, according to a survey of 1,000 Blighty-based "Key Opinion Leaders." The survey - known as the Thought Leadership Index 2009 (PDF) - was conducted by the brand-floggers TLG Communications and the research firm Populus. Those opinion-offering KOLs (yes, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

T*tter?

Tw*ts? Thinking? Sorry, did anyone just see Lucipher driving down the street on a snowplough?

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Right Royal Common and Garden Tweets from GODs Kingdoms in Skye

"T*tter? ..... Tw*ts? Thinking? Sorry, did anyone just see Lucipher driving down the street on a snowplough?" ..... in Frantic Enthusiastic Pursuit of Lady Godiva's Pleasure dDrivers.

Weather Control for Cloud Phormations is ITs CyberIDEntity ...... and Facility Delivered for Gracious Virtuous Use, Free from Abuse.

2. deadlockvictim
    FAIL

The sheep need direction

Sigh.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Fickle how be that?

Ah, ... it is a shame. Fickleness and short memory of a nation.

My angst, you may well feel inclined to ponder however momentarily, is the tory party voted at #10

It has always, at presently does and in future probably always will represent the best interests of a few over the majority, cash over questions, money over people. But will anyone ever learn?

The party that wished to keep slavery in all its abysmal forms and will say anything for a power fix.

4. Andy 70
    Paris Hilton

twatter? farcebook? political party?

i guess "Thinking" must be a euphamisum for something?

5. Evil_Trev

Thought Losers

I make up my own mind

I form my own opinions

I have my own brain

I use it.

Thought Leaders implies thought sheep, thought so.

6. AlistairJ

More musings from the bunch who brought you ...

... great modern corporate and brand names. Such as

opodo - it reads the same upside down! marvellous!

O3 - the new O2!

Consignia - geddit?

QinetiQ - etc

7. DZ-Jay

New forum software?

I noticed that El Reg changed it's forum page look and added some new icons. Can I start whining here, or should I wait for a proper announcement to post my complaints?

Cheers!

-dZ.

8. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

M&S!!??????

What forward-marching opinions do Marks and Spencers have? "Our adverts aren't annoying enough, let's make them stupider"?

9. Anon

Business thoughts?

What, like "We can't ship enough working units, so we'll send out a load with broken screens and that'll give us another month to actually make them"?

10. Jason Bloomberg Silver badge

WanKOLs

I bet a round of 'buzz-word bingo' doesn't last more than a minute at their offices.

11. weirdcult
    FAIL

Business Thought Leaders?

These people are known as quite a few other things as well aren't they?

12. Robert Ramsay
    Megaphone

Bwahahahahahaha!

The Tory Party? Not for profit? Bwahahahaha!!!

13. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
    Paris Hilton

We're Doomed!

If that's the best that our '1,000 Key Opinion Leaders' can come up with then this country is DOOMED I tell 'ee! Either that or they've misunderstood the word thought.

Amazon at number 3? Excuse me, but when did running a shop count as thought leadership? It may be all electronic and has managed to persuade the US government that it should have a state monopoly on buying things by (one)clicking on them, but it's still a fucking shop.

And the rest of the list isn't much better.

Can we have some new Key Opinion Leaders please? Preferably ones who are a lot more bitter and cynical. There's plenty going spare around the writers and commentards of the Register...

Paris because. Just because.

14. Bilgepipe
    Gates Horns

Thought Leaders? Microsoft?

How on earth did Redmond get anywhere near the top of this list? The only original thought from them was Ballmer throwing that chair around.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Jobs Halo

Innovate?

Naahhh!

Bet Jobsie did it first and the Sweaty One decided to copy it.

15. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Help for Heroes?

is that not the cover name for BNP fundraising nitghts? It certainly was in my villiage. Or maybe "SUPPORT THE BNP" scrawled on the flag of St. George meant something different...

16. Tony Paulazzo
    Grenade

...full of sound and fury, signifying nothing

>It has always, at presently does and in future probably always will represent the best interests of a few over the majority, cash over questions, money over people. But will anyone ever learn?<

Sorry, are we talking tories or labour?

Present Labour policies: tax on phone, cash to banks, yes to copyright mafia or any corporation, yes to politician privacy, no to citizen privacy, ever growing databases, generating a culture of fear, allowing torture of suspects, outright lying to the populace, etc etc etc...

Tories will be the same, except that maybe pensioners won't get extra help in the winter and more dole bludgers will get on the sick.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

History tells us so

As much as I'd like to agree perhaps it is better to disagree and acknowledge those differences.

Were it not for Labour the Tories would have maintained racial prejudices and poorer working lives. Any deviation from that would have been purely speculative with a view to returning increase in profitability, in other words an exception.

It is easy to jump from income/class based discrimination to other forms equally nasty.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like