back to article Record company exec cuffed for failure to twitter

Long Island police last week cuffed Island Def Jam Records vice prez James Roppo for failing to disperse a crowd of hysterical teenagers with the social networking equivalent of the water cannon - a tweet. Thousands of young girls turned up at a shopping mall in Garden City, New York, last Friday expecting a gusset-moistening …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. lukewarmdog
    Megaphone

Twits

"Nassau County detective Kevin Smith QQ'd: "We asked for his help in getting the crowd to go away by sending out a Twitter message. By not cooperating with us, we feel he put lives in danger and the public at risk."

I blame the parents for letting their kids go to the event, I blame the media for promoting teen singing sensations, God for inventing people in the first place. If ONLY someone had sent a twet. Does nobody EVER think about the kids?

Seriously what happened to donning the uniform, picking up the megaphone and doing your job? Twitter my ass.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

Those police might like to hear of a little invention

called a bullhorn

3. SuperTim
    Big Brother

Draconian! They'll be over here next.

I love that the police wanted him to send a tweet rather than just pulling out a bull horn!. Surely them instructing the young wetpants to disperse would have legally obliged the problem to go away rather than assuming the tweet would have the desired effect.

Do the yanks have a pointless DNA database as well?

4. It wasnt me

WTF ?

You can get arrested for _NOT_ twitting? How wrong is that? In my parallel universe of dreams it's the other way around.

Bring be in, im guilty as charged. Is it a DNA harvesting offence?

5. Doug Glass
    Go

@SuperTim

No, nothing pointless on this side of the pond. Everything we do has a reason regardless of how stupid and irresponsible it might be.

We can't use a bullhorn any longer. They're too loud and will injure the eardrums of those close by. And I'm serious here, in many places they have been banned because of certain govern-ment regulations concerning noise pollution.

6. Doug Glass
    Happy

DNA Results

I say let the stampedes happen. It's just nature's way of cleansing the gene pool and reducing costs associated with the Darwin awards.

7. kissingthecarpet
    Go

Keep it up

I love stories about police idiocy - shame they didn't taser him as well(lucky he didn't have a chair leg in a bag as well - is that a capital crime in the US like it is in the UK?)

8. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Flame

Boffins create electromagnetic black hole in lab!

Cops create common sense black hole between ears!

9. The First Dave

@kissingthecarpet

Presumably the young Justin _did_ get tasered, as he decided to co-operate. Presumably that is where his foot got hurt...

Shame about the bowl of petunias.

10. Vincent Ballard
    FAIL

Forget megaphones

If this kid was supposed to sing you'd rather expect there to be a powerful PA system set up.

11. Dan75
    Happy

Another Lesterism.....

"gusset-moistening" - read that and nearly sent my keyboard to an early retirement. Thanks again Lester! :D

12. Goat Jam

Panty moistener?

WTF?

http://musicremedy.com/webfiles/artists/JustinBieber/JustinBieber-02-big.jpg

1. Anonymous Coward
      Paris Hilton

Maybe

they wet themselves laughing.

Paris, the twit that does.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Re Panty Moistener @ 04:12GMT

Erm. Yeah.

I don't see it either.

Have they been putting something in the water again ?!?

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"gusset-moistening"

This amuses me. And mildly disturbs me.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like