back to article Staff at UK mobile co sold customer records

Staff at an unnamed mobile operator have been selling customer details to the competition, and the Information Commissioner reckons that it will take a spell in chokey to stop the leaks. According to the BBC, a T-Mobile spokesman has confirmed that T-Mobile is the company in question. The spokesman tells the BBC that the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Rob
    Pirate

In the Public Interest

I want to know if mine or my wife's details have been sold or are they not naming the moble operator because they are afraid that the customers concerned will be after compensation of some sort (ge'us a free phone guv).

2. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Which mobile co then?

No-one is saying, but I bet it's easy enough to find out... If we get enough commentators here, who've been cold-called within a month or so of their contract ending who post their existing operator, we'll soon know...

3. The Vociferous Time Waster
    Flame

3 guesses

I'll give you three guesses who I think it is and there are 3 reasons I think I am correct.

4. Fred 24
    Grenade

They called while I was reading this!

Strange timing....

Anyhow, im very happy with my PAYG, and have been for some time, but when I asked the sales droid to confirm account details it then said it was unable to do so without confirmation of the postcode!

Phone now set to direct all 'private' and 'no caller ID' calls directly to answer machine.

For those blokes that work as a sales droid attempting to drum up trade: go and get a real job instead of nagging like old lady.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

This begs the question

Why aren't half the government and all the supposedly responsble ministers locked up yet?

6. Matt 116
    Big Brother

I wonder if this will apply to all cases of private data being sold?

So if there is a jail term for those that sell or get involved in the business of illegally selling private data where does that put the likes of Phorm, BT and just as importantly the government who knowingly collaborated?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

More than one network at it?

Funny since I decided the Future Isn`t Brigh after 14 years and porting my number to anO2ther network the cold calls from 3rd partys offering upgrades stoped!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like