back to article MoD redefines 'public' with online poll

The UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) is holding an online poll to get the views of the public on the massive reorganisation of the nation's armed forces - for which read cuts - expected next year. In the spirit of openness with which the entire defence review will probably be conducted, the MoD has let the "public" poll proceed …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Julz
    FAIL

Err

Well, I'd love to register my view but no login boxes on my browser...

2. NB
    Troll

done

Well I completed the survey but felt the questions were somewhat leading. It was clear that they wanted to elicit a response that would swing the statistics in favour of them arguing for more funding. The list of potential threats to the UK at the end was somewhat amusing as I don't consider any of them to be a threat to us at all.

3. Bumpy Cat

Threat level

@NB

You're right, that threat list is a little deflationary. I rated the highest threat at 4/10 - perhaps not the response they were hoping for!

4. rpjs
    Thumb Up

@NB

I agree, I voted "no threat" for all of them.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Rather pointless

This is a cop out by the MOD - they can say we did ask the public - which the will ignore if it doesn't fit what they want to hear.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More defence spending

As title. We don't spend enough on our armed forces in this country.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Huh

I didn't see "UK Government" on the list of threats to our way of life anywhere.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

No threat

What is it with you guys all deliberately voting 'no threat'? Vote 10 ffs so they argue for more money and our soldiers actually get decent kit!

9. cannon
    Dead Vulture

no threat until they make one

The only threat is from all the members of families that the UK & USA are displacing & murdering with their illegal corporate invasion & occupation of Iraq & Afghanistan.

9/11 was a response to the USA's continual support for Israel & the illegal imprisonment & occupation of the Palestinian people in the "occupied states" remember!

the USA sends billions of dollars worth free weapons to Israel under the guise of "aid", and these weapons were used to commit the disproportionate war crime in Israel's recent continued genocide of the civilian population.

but it's our way of life they despise we are told!

the UK & USA have a lot to answer for, they are both global terrorists.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Nothing sinister. Honest

Requests from ground-floor staff proceed upwards at the MoD much like a fart in the bath - they provoke responses from disgust, amusement, hostility, blaming someone else and steadfast refusal to acknowlege. I'd imagine the innocent web dev finished the job and hung around waiting for seven or so levels of management to decide to publicise the site.

Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from stupidity, after all.

11. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Coat

There's *always* a threat

You just need to know where to look for it.

Mine's the one with a copy of the Avengers (the film) in the side pocket.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Julz

Just click the 'external links/survey form' link on the rhs of screen, in an outstanding example of our national security that should let you do the survey without logging in

13. Malcolm Boura 2
    Thumb Up

Overload

And now, the server is overloaded. If they can't get the trivial right, what hope have we got that they will get the difficult right?

Today's bright idea. How about body armour that only lets bullets through with the right password? Perhaps I should try to sell that research project to them. You never know.

14. JimH

Poll OFF !

When I attempted to access said poll, the following message appears . . .

"User Limit has been reached.

An error has occured.

Please email support@questform.com for more information."

I have had no response from my request for help either . . . good job I am not waiting for my Body Armour . . .

Clearly too much democracy can be a bad thing - I am sure MoD have the best intentions with my money . . .

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like