back to article BeautifulPeople shun hairy Reg hack

It's with a heavy heart that I today report I've been given the elbow by BeautifulPeople.com - the exclusive lovely-people-only website which invites potential members to prove themselves worthy of entry to the elite club by posting a fetching snap and short profile. Once you've made your pitch, existing members rate you as " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. adnim

Beauty is skin deep so...

I shan't apply. To look at me one would presume I was inside out.

I wonder how many of the accepted "elite" are also members of mensa?

Lester, where did you get the picture of my mother in law?

2. ElFatbob

hmmm

Without fail, every week, i see or hear about a website more pointless than the last...

3. AliBaBa
    Thumb Up

wow!

never mind. console yourself with the knowledge that you have a stunning ass!

4. Stu
    Joke

Donkey!

Yes indeedy I'd say a donkey would match the Danes attractiveness factors any day.

Whats the point in the site anyway, is it a dating site or what? Just another one of those stuck up discriminatory gangs bent on world domination.

Suffice it to say, its true that site is clearly erring on the side of discrimination - only to what the Danes consider attractive seeing as they're in the majority on the site - voted grim by democracy, brilliant way to knock down somebodys self esteem.

Here's one extra statistic for you guys at BeautifulPeople - 83% of people rejected from the site worldwide committed suicide within 6 months. The remaining 17% within 12 months. Sorry Lester I'm afraid you're a statistic now!

If it was started in Denmark, then why is their managing director English? Could they have voted out the original MD cos he's too fugly?

5. Hermes Conran
    Happy

Hey Lester

Why the long face?

6. The Original Ash

@adnim

"I wonder how many of the accepted "elite" are also members of mensa?"

There's a lady who features in adult films who has a doctorate in Psychiatry. She chose to move into adult movies, though, as the pay was significantly better.

Pretty people can be smart too. (For a given value of pretty).

7. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

@ElFatbob

pointlesssites.com for all your Pointless Needs

8. Scott 19
    FAIL

FAIL

Just because photo shop or a few quid on a professional photo shoot would probably see you on this web site.

I do have a question though, once allowed access to the site what does it offer?

9. Captain TickTock
    Paris Hilton

We like Donkeys la la la la!

You forgot to say you worked for PwC

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/07/30/b3ta_com_good_pics_great/

That would have changed everything

Paris, who else?

10. Anomalous Cowherd Silver badge

My ex-wife is on this

So I'm fairly sure they're only measuring down to the first layer of skin.

But Lester, don't be sad - there's always the fantastic http://www.richorbeautiful.com. C'est facile!

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@The Original Ash

I think you've missed Adnim's point.

Can I interest you in joining my society of thoughtful commentards?

12. peyton?
    Troll

Funny homepage

"Too ugly to sign up? - browse as a guest!"

Thing is, I followed the link as directed and I gotta say, there are some real creatures included in the site (honestly, Lester's profile would've fit right in!). Hell, I wasn't all that impressed with the couple on the home page - and you'd think they'd be the crème de la crème.

Better luck next time (maybe if you try submitting an application using the troll icon as your photo?)

13. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Well... Talking of percentage

Talking of percentages... El reg recently had an entertaining article about Cambridge uni cheerleaders: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/10/cambridge_cougars_not_very/

I saw a picture of them in the local rag today. Nearly choked on my breakfast. Two thoughts come to mind:

1. The name was spot on. The Daily Mash kind'a cougar to be more exact.

2. Looking at them I am not surprised that Blighty scores so badly in terms of acceptance rate for an NPD site. By the way, that is not New Product Design for those of you looking for an IT angle, that is Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Me coat, the hairy XLLL size one.

14. Aaron Em

Title required? That's almost as foolish as letting people share usernames!

"...once allowed access to the site what does it offer?"

The most deliberately judgmental online dating community on the planet. Who could possibly refuse?

15. Vincent Ballard
    FAIL

Obvious really

It's obvious why your donkey wasn't accepted. You shouldn't have said that he doesn't have a car.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Where do we begin?

I don't blame you for using a prettier face than your own but really no one at the Register stands a donkeys chance of making it in and thats been proven time and again the cavalcade of ugle is stupendous. I wouldn't make it either but I'm just saying...

17. Ian Ferguson
    Coat

Here's my dating pic

I can't understand why I'm not getting more offers.

http://www.twitpic.com/n62qs

18. NogginTheNog
    WTF?

Bovverred??

"Beautifulpeople.com"?? I'm struggling to think of a site I'd less like to visit...

19. ElReg!comments!Pierre

Apparently I'm not only too ugly to sign in...

too security-conscious also. Oh well.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

Don't despair,

In the border towns near the Texas-Mexico border; I hear there are some ladies who might like to meet you. That is, if you look anything like your profile photo.

21. Gianni Straniero
    Happy

Hee haw

Beats the picture of you in a wetsuit, and no mistake.

This topic is closed for new posts.