back to article Official Bruce Schneier action figure steps onto market

Good news for devotees of ponytailed crypto guru of all our hearts Bruce Schneier: it's now possible to buy an officially endorsed "Bruce Schneier action figure". The action figure, which can be purchased here, comes with a range of costumes ("casual Bruce", "smart Bruce" and "head only"), and also features "scalp" options (" …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. adnim

It's a doll

The term "action figure" implies movement or at least some form of activity.

Just as Action Man did fuck all without human intervention to shift those eagle eyes or manipulate those grippy little fingers, I expect this doll will do fuck all either. Except perhaps identify any purchaser as an absolute dick.

No disrespect to Brucie

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@adnim (10:12 GMT)

Wow! I wish I'd read your comment before I ordered mine. Thank the lord the rest of the world has the benefit of your wisdom now.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Re: It's a doll

Sign of the times. Jack up that PCB and dioxin count in food some more and kids (including grown up ones) will be putting Barbie clothes on him.

4. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge
    Pint

For a moment there I thought it was Friday already

Slow news days today on Earth, Lewis? Wanna shake IT about a bit, with Registration of some otherworldly views impacting on more than just CyberIntelAIgent Security Issues and MisUse of IT and Media for Markets Manipulation and Obscene Personal Games Gains? .... http://amanfrommars.baywords.com/2009/11/17/091117/

5. Sikas Aparat
    Paris Hilton

@adnim

"Just as Action Man did fuck all without human intervention": what exactly were you expecting an inanimate lump of miscellaneous hydrocarbons to do without human intervention?

Also, it seems a rather extreme reaction to a piece of plastic. Did you have a deprived childhood by any chance? Did you talk to dolls and expect them to reply?

I believe the "Deluxe Sentient Edition" will feature volition, but it won't be here for a few weeks, by which time the nurses will have strapped you back down and administered the sedative.

Paris 'cos it's a story about plastic.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

About Bruce Almighty

One of the most telling 'actions' that Bruce has taken in recent times, is *not* to endorse a particular course of action taken by BT Retail during the last couple of years.

Someone at his level refusing to comment is a comment in of itself and speaks volumes.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

A little bit boring

Intriguing to know what can be done...

I'm waiting for the Wolf Baginski action doll--gun, working parachute ("You think I'd use any other kind."), and quotes Kipling when you pull on his ear.

Stranger things have now happened.

8. Ihre Papiere Bitte!!
    Terminator

I'm buying one.

It's scary enough (the eyes! the hideous eyes!) that it might stop people coming to my desk and asking stupid questions.

Why is there no "Planning to Take Over The World" variation??

<-terminator in case it comes to life as requested above...

9. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Too Little Too late .....

"Why is there no "Planning to Take Over The World" variation??" ... By Ihre Papiere Bitte!! Posted Tuesday 17th November 2009 12:44 GMT

That Gig's already taken, Ihre Papiere Bitte, and Actually Running Sublimely Smoothly, not that you would Know, of course, ....... which is it evidenced right there. Virtual Revolutionary TakeOver and MakeOver and the Muppets on the Global Stage .....if not Entirely Oblivious to the Digital Switch, Helpless and Floundering Desperately in ITs Wakes.

10. adnim

@Sikas Aparat

"what exactly were you expecting an inanimate lump of miscellaneous hydrocarbons to do without human intervention?": Crack twofish encryption, it could at least have a bobble head.

"Did you have a deprived childhood by any chance?": Yes, seriously yes.

"Did you talk to dolls and expect them to reply?": No, that would have been silly, I used to converse with my bendy Sooty via telepathy though. He helped me through a particularly bad patch due to my unrequited love for Sue. Although to this day I still suspect he had an ulterior motive.

Sorry for my outburst it's just that sometimes I don't hide the scars too well.

11. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Jung Freud would be Proud

"Sorry for my outburst it's just that sometimes I don't hide the scars too well." .... By adnim Posted Tuesday 17th November 2009 16:23 GMT

It is remarkably good and effective therapy though, to have a rant and admit that all is not well, adnim.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Coffee/keyboard

Young Bruce

I knew Bruce back in the day, when he was just a young teenager attending Sci Fi conventions across the American Midwest, and he chased many a skirt without success (humoring my circle of friends in the process). I'd like a Young Bruce Doll (screw that 'action figure' meme), but I can't come across any examples of him on my quick web seach

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like