back to article Atlantis heads for ISS with spare parts

The last shuttle leaving Earth this year has come and gone, with Atlantis and its crew of six astronauts blasting off from Kennedy Space Center at 2:28 pm EST (7:28 pm GMT) on Monday. Loaded with spare parts and supplies, space shuttle Atlantis is expected to dock with the International Space Station this Wednesday, beginning …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ThomasF
    Big Brother

All Shuttles available before Mayan Mayhem Strikes

All the Nasa Shuttles can now be used for ferrying the great and good up to the Space Ark before the rest of us Plebes get zapped by Planet X in Dec 2012.

Bloody convenient they are all available before the end of the Mayan Calendar to take Bill Gates and Simon Cowell away to safety.

2. Gene Cash Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Watched from work

It was a beautiful day with only a thin layer of clouds, so we were able to see 90% of the SRB burn. It's amazing how bright the flame is from 90 miles away.

One down, five to go. I'll miss the 'ol deathtrap.

3. Sureo
    Pint

I have to know...

...are they sending up a new toilet? Life can be difficult without one that works.

4. Martin 6 Silver badge

@I have to know...

They are talking some tree saplings to see if they grow in space - so if the toilet doesn't work you can always XXXX in the woods.

5. Anonymous John

Re I have to know.

I read somewhere that they were taking up a new pump (or whatever component had failed).

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

tourism?

Is Richard Branson going to buy the shuttles after NASA retires them? They'd look cool with Virging Space emblazoned on the sides.

If I could afford it, I'd glady sign the 'not responsible for death' waiver and climb aboard.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like