back to article Spanish region teaches kids how to crack one off

Spain's autonomous region of Extremadura has sparked a bit of a rumpus by issuing an educational leaflet entitled Pleasure is in your hands, detailing the best way to achieve solo satisfaction. The offending literature is part of a €14,000 campaign aimed at raising sexual awareness among the region's 14 to 17-year-olds, and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

What a bunch of

Juan Kerrs

Mine's the one with the Kleenex

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coffee/keyboard

Is a Playmobil dramatization unreasonable?

Probably.

3. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

It's a plot..

.. to sell more handsfree sets..

I'd like to congratulate you on the headline - its' that sort of quality that makes me come (cough) back to El Reg again (the story itself isn't new).

4. DI_Wyman
    Thumb Up

Download?

Is it available to download in pdf format?

:-)

5. Richard 39
    Paris Hilton

Loving the Read more options

Read more: Spain Masturbation Extremadura

Ironic that you write an article chastising a leaflet giving information about masturbation but post a link to the subject underneath it

Oh and shouldn't you be putting a NSFW marker on this?

Paris: as if you even had to ask...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

So it's true

Linux users don't have girlfriends: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08/02/extremadura_goes_linux/

7. Duncan Robertson 1
    Thumb Up

More education...

I used to own a Mitsubishi Pajero - which is called a Shogun in Europe. The reason it has a different name over here compared to over there is that "pajero" is wanker in Spanish.

8. Tom 15

Same old

"The PP's leader, Mariano Rajoy, has yet to blame president José Luis Rodriguez Zapatero for the Extremadura outrage. This is a bit surprising, since he blames the poor bloke for everything else - from the global economic crisis to some Madrid pensioner's pet cat getting stuck up a tree."

Change that to David Cameron and Gordon Brown and you get the same old story.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Richard 39

NSFW? Maybe if we say the pamphlet or have some material in the article to assist us in trying out the techniques...

10. Jolyon

Isn't this

teaching grandma to suck eggs?

11. DJ 2
    Thumb Down

Really?

He insisted that if teens "don't how to masturbate or whether they should masturbate or not, that's a personal matter for the young person, which should be dealt with at home"

"Mom, it's gone all hard again what should I do?" I hardly think that anybody has asked that question ever.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wish I'd had a manual

Wouldn't have wasted the money on the trampoline and the arc welder. SIGH

NOW ON E-Bay, used, some stains.

13. Ken Hagan Gold badge

@Hernández Carrón

'He insisted that if teens "don't how to masturbate or whether they should masturbate or not, that's a personal matter for the young person, which should be dealt with at home".'

Eeuurrghh! I now have to purge my mind of a picture of father giving his son the birds and bees speech, but one-handed.

14. Fred Flintstone Gold badge
    Coat

There will be more cases ..

.. of repetitive st(r)ain injury ..

Thank you, and good night.

15. Peter White
    Paris Hilton

send some leaflets to the hmgov cabinet

oh sorry they are old hands at that, and probably wrote the leaflet

paris because she knows one when she sees one

peter

16. Philip Marshall

Fanzine

Here it is ...

http://www.cjex.org/dmdocuments/fanzine.pdf (in spanish, NSFW)

17. Ian R

Releif-let

Carelingly printed on tissue grade paper :-)

18. Craig 28

Depends what the details are

If the focus is on explaining that masturbation is natural and healthy then this is quite enlightened. How many male people have suffered from masturbation guilt, even just from the social stigma attached? I know I have, just from the fact that all the other boys made fun of the idea. At 14 you didn't really consider the fact that they're probably all at it too.

At least they didn't claim it was unsuitable for moral reasons, that is something of a relief. If you want to believe in organised religion be my guest, but keep god out of my pants. Er, that didn't come out right...

19. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

FFS!

FFS you hardly need a leaflet, you try stopping any gent from the age of 5 upwards, from "adjusting" himself 50 times an hour! You don't written material, well not to teach about it anyways, maybe for some mental "warm-up" before the main act commences!

20. snafu

Ant they fall for it… again

Our current Leftoid government is a master at throwing this kind of moral outrage silliness targets to its Rightish opposition, so that it does its usual foaming mouth act and gets both distracted and painted as retrograde. Abortion law reform, euthanasia, etc., now this. Please don't see it as another idiotic act from government: the dosage is too precisely measured. You could argue good reasons behind every initiative of those, but they usually are all too well designed to push the Right's right buttons. It doesn't help that the Right has too many of those, plus its eagerness to froth at the mouth whatever the real level of offense.

Yes, being a Spaniard IS fun these days.

The manual, by the way, is a simple sexuality Q&A guide covering everything from masturbation to peer pressure, A bit disorganized and faux-hip, but nothing to worry about.

21. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

@ fanzine Philip Marshal

Thats a 26MB ! In the time it takes to download I could have worked out how to do it.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Stop it

Or you'll all go blind!

Hahahaaahaaa

Regards

Manuel Relief

23. spam 1
    Thumb Up

LOL

To Mr Anonymous who got first crack and posted

"Juan Kerrs

Mine's the one with the Kleenex"

I love it!!! made me smile

24. SirTainleyBarking
    Paris Hilton

Of course

There are two types of people when it come to masturbation.

The first are those who admit to doing it, and the rest are liars

Paris? Well a young chap has to start somewhere......

25. Andus McCoatover
    Joke

Byline: "Pleasure is in your hands"

But it might also be in the "eye of the beholder". Gotta be careful where you point that thing.

26. sath
    Troll

Did the €14k campaign

include the distribution of man-size tissues? Or were they also trying to teach 14-17 year old teenage lads to clean up after themselves as well?

Do lasses actually use/need tissues to clean up?

@spam1

and he probably enjoyed cracking it off too...

27. Chief sub

Oooh, breakaway!

Do 14 to 17-year-olds really need lessons in how to wank? I'd have thought the real task at hand (fnarr) was persuading them to make an effort to try anything else.

28. alyn
    Stop

safe sex?

Do you engage in safe sex?

Yes, I wear a rubber glove!

29. Gabor Laszlo
    Coffee/keyboard

@Andus McCoatover

Nominated for COTC!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like